Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

14 Mar 2024 05:43 #3201 by DrMike
Light Comes Bursting In

Today’s Scripture

"When darkness overtakes him, light will come bursting in…" (Psalm 112:4, TLB)

We know that God is always with us, but the psalmist says that in times of difficulty, God is very present. You’ll never see the fullness of who God is if you’re in the light all the time. It’s in the storms, in the difficulties that God is most present. When you don’t see a way out and it’s dark, you’re in prime position for God’s light to come bursting in. It’s going to happen suddenly—a burst of favor, of healing, of strength.

You didn’t see it coming. One moment you were struggling with debt, and suddenly—one contract, one promotion, one good break—you have more than enough. What happened? The light came bursting in. The God who is a very present help in trouble said, “Your night season was only temporary. It’s time for your breakthrough. Now it’s time to propel you forward.” God is about to do that for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that in times of trouble when I don’t see the way out and it’s dark, that You come bursting in with light and direction. I believe that You, the Creator of the universe, have highly favored me and are about to propel me forward. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Mar 2024 06:39 #3202 by DrMike
The Real You

Today’s Scripture

"...Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me…" (2 Corinthians 12:9, NLT)

We live in a society that stresses image. It’s easy to go through life trying to impress people, to show them that we’re strong, that we have it all together. It’s good to carry ourselves with confidence, but sometimes we have such a need to keep up our image that we put on a mask and start pretending. We can’t let someone see that we have weaknesses, that we’re struggling in areas, and we don’t have all the answers. But the Scripture says that if we go around wearing masks, God’s power is not going to show up. God won’t bless the ideal you, the pretend you, the future you; He’s looking for the real you.

Remember that there’s power in vulnerability. When you empty yourself out, God can fill you. But if you’re full of yourself—acting, pretending, keeping up your image—there’s no room for God. If you’ll humble yourself and get real, God will help you to grow.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I don’t have to hide my weaknesses or mask my shortcomings. Thank You that Your power goes to work in me when I get real and honest. I humbly admit that I don’t have it all together, but I’m glad You’re still working on me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

26 Mar 2024 06:43 #3203 by DrMike
Held Firmly in His Hand

Today's Scripture

“Never turn your gaze from me, for I am your faithful God. I will infuse you with my strength and help you in every situation. I will hold you firmly with my victorious right hand.” Isaiah 41:10, TPT

Today, close your eyes and see God’s hand of blessing on your life. When dreams seem impossible, the obstacle too big, you’re weary, and you don’t think you can go on, just picture the Creator of the universe laying His hands on your head, releasing favor, healing, strength, breakthroughs. You are not limited or lacking. God’s hand of blessing will cause you to defeat giants. It will part a Red Sea when you’re at a dead end. It will close the mouths of hungry lions. God’s hand of blessing is a supernatural favor, opening doors that you couldn’t open and taking you where you can’t go on your own. It’s a hedge of protection, keeping you safe from what should harm you. It’s a divine empowerment that will override every negative force that tries to stop you, that will cause things to happen that are unusual, uncommon, out of the ordinary. You’ll discover ability that you didn’t know you had. Let the Most High God hold you firmly in His hand of victory and blessing.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your hand has been upon my life in so many ways, holding me firmly lest I fall. Thank You that Your blessing has equipped me and empowered me to accomplish all of Your promises, even the ones that seem impossible. I declare that Your gracious hand of favor is taking me to new levels. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

27 Mar 2024 07:13 #3204 by DrMike
Don’t Disqualify Yourself

Today's Scripture

“Now bring your brother Aaron near, and his sons with him from among the sons of Israel, so that he may serve as priest to Me.” Exodus 28:1, AMP

When Moses was on Mount Sinai receiving the Ten Commandments, he left his brother Aaron in charge of the Israelites. But because Moses was gone for so long, the people demanded that Aaron make them gods to worship. Aaron gave in to the pressure and made them a golden calf. Aaron had spoken for Moses before Pharaoh and declared God’s words. He had seen God’s miracles up close over and over, yet he compromised and partook of what was a great sin. You would think God would be done with Aaron. But God doesn’t write us off. In His mercy, He chose Aaron to be the first high priest of Israel, the only priest who could go into the Holy of Holies once a year and offer the sin offering for the people on the Day of Atonement.

Don’t disqualify yourself because you compromised and gave in to temptation. Don’t live guilty, condemned, feeling washed up. God forgave Aaron, and He has forgiven you, but you have to forgive yourself. God still has something awesome in your future.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that because of what Jesus has done on the cross, You remove the shame from my life. Thank You that You have redeemed and forgiven me and even made me a priest unto You. I believe that You have something awesome in my future. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

28 Mar 2024 07:09 #3205 by DrMike
Joy in His Presence

Today's Scripture

You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11, NIV

It’s good to be passionate about our dreams, passionate about healing, freedom, and promotion. But don’t be so consumed that you’re not going to be happy while you’re waiting for God to make His path known to you. Don’t put your happiness on hold until everything works out. This day is a gift. Enjoy your life while God is working. Don’t be uptight, stressed out, and saying, “When is it going to change?” You have to pass the test of being happy where you are before God will get you to where you want to be. If you can only be happy when the problem turns around, when what you desire comes to pass, that’s going to delay what God is going to do. You have to put your foot down and say, “I am going to enjoy this day. This crisis, these challenges, or this bad break is not going to stop me. God, Your presence in my life is my joy. I trust Your timing, and I trust Your ways. In the meantime, I’m going to rejoice and live my life with gladness.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that this day is a gift from You, and I’m not going to live sour and defeated. Thank You that my happiness is not dependent on my situation, but upon Your presence in my life. I’ve made up my mind that I’m going to rejoice in You and be glad. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

29 Mar 2024 06:47 #3206 by DrMike
Have a Clean Heart

Today’s Scripture

“…For I acknowledge my transgressions…Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts...” (Psalm 51:3, 6, NKJV)

Psalm 51 is a prayer of repentance in which David acknowledged a sin he had covered up. His first step was to accept responsibility. You can’t overcome what you don’t confront—a hidden addiction, a failure, a hurt. When you hide things, it’s going to eat away at you like a poison. David went on to say that God requires truth in our inner parts. You can’t pretend and have God’s blessing at the same time.

If you’re covering things up, it’s not going to magically go away. When you come to God and ask for His forgiveness and mercy, He’ll begin to restore and put you back on the path to your destiny. David says, “Create in me a clean heart, O God. Restore to me the joy of my salvation.” He got it out in the open and asked for forgiveness—that was the turning point. God forgave and restored him, and David went on to do great things.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your unfailing love and great compassion that blots out the stain of my sins. Thank You that I can come to You for forgiveness and mercy and truth in my heart. I ask for a clean heart and to walk in the joy of my salvation. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

01 Apr 2024 08:53 #3207 by DrMike
A Flourishing Finish

Today’s Scripture

“…There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears...” (Philippians 1:6, MSG)

How you start is not important. Don’t let what you think is a disadvantage or a bad break cause you to say, “If I’d had a better childhood, if I had more support, if I didn’t have this dysfunction, I could do something great.” That’s where you started, but that’s not where you’re going to finish. The beginning doesn’t determine your destiny.

The apostle Paul did not say that God will bring you “to a defeated finish,” “an unfair finish,” “a lonely finish,” or a “bankrupt finish.” God has a victorious finish, an abundant finish, “a flourishing finish.” When those thoughts tell you, “It’s never going to work out. You have too many disadvantages,” let those lies go in one ear and out the other. God has established the end, and He loves to take people who start with the odds against them and shine down His favor, give them breaks, increase them, and cause them to do extraordinary things.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your plans for me are for good. I may not understand everything along the way, and it may not have been fair, but I’m not going to live worried, upset, or discouraged. I know You’re bringing me to a flourishing finish. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

02 Apr 2024 07:31 #3208 by DrMike
Celebrate Others

Today’s Scripture

"Rejoice with those who rejoice..." (Romans 12:15, NKJV)

When a friend or family member succeeds, gets promoted or experiences an unexpected good break in life, how do you respond? Some people wonder, “What about me?” Others criticize or say, “It won’t last long.” But really, the way you respond to another person’s success will determine the level of your own success. Whether you respond in a negative or positive way, you are sowing seeds for your future.

That’s why the Scripture tells us simply to “rejoice with those who rejoice.” God wants you to be successful. His commands are for your good. He doesn’t want jealousy or strife to enter your life and rob you of His blessing. Today, make it a point to find someone who is celebrating and celebrate with them. Congratulate them on their success no matter how small it seems in the natural. Rejoice with those who rejoice, sow seeds of blessing, and open the door for victory in your own life in return!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your hand of blessing not only on my life but on the lives of the people around me. I choose to rejoice in You, and I choose to rejoice over Your victory everywhere I go in Jesus’ name! Amen!"

Attachments:

03 Apr 2024 07:03 #3209 by DrMike
Established In Love

Today’s Scripture

"...May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love..." (Ephesians 3:17, AMPC)

There is tremendous power in love! In the same way that a tree will grow taller and stronger when its roots grow deep, you will be stronger and rise higher when you are rooted and established in love. How do you establish yourself in love? It starts by making a choice. When you choose to say yes to love, you are saying yes to everything God is because God is love! Then every day, choose to love through your actions by modeling your life according to 1 Corinthians 13. That means choosing to be patient and kind. It means not seeking your own way, not being jealous or boastful. When you choose love, you are showing the world that God is first place in your life. The more you choose to walk in love, the deeper and stronger your roots will grow. Remember, love is the greatest thing. It is all that will last in eternity. Choose to establish yourself in love and let it be firm within you. Let His love build security in you and empower you to live the life of blessing He has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, establish me in Your love. Show me how to love others the way You love me. Thank You for setting me free and empowering me to live the overcoming life You have prepared for me in Jesus' name! Amen."

Attachments:

04 Apr 2024 06:28 #3210 by DrMike
He Holds You In His Hand

Today’s Scripture

"Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you...I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand…" (Isaiah 41:10, AMPC)

We all face situations in life that feel out of control. During times like these, it’s easy to get discouraged and allow fear to creep in. Instead, why don’t you focus on the fact that God is holding you in the palms of His hands! There is nothing too difficult for Him; nothing’s impossible; nothing is beyond His ability. When God holds you in His hands, you are safe; you are cared for. In His hands, there is victory. In His hands, there is strength. In His hands, there is provision. In His hands is everything you need.

No matter what you may be going through today, you can trust that God is for you. Instead of getting down and depressed over your circumstances, look up and get a vision of God turning that situation around. Let faith rise in your heart and focus on His favor, promotion and blessing. As you keep your heart and mind focused on Him and choose to obey His Word, you’ll see those supernatural breaks that will launch you further ahead than you ever thought possible because He holds you with His victorious right hand!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for helping me and holding me in Your victorious right hand. I choose to trust You even when things don’t make sense, even when things seem beyond my control. I release my cares to You knowing that You work all things together for my good in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.867 seconds