Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

12 Sep 2024 07:05 #3311 by DrMike
The Light in You

Today's Scripture

The eye is the lamp of the body. So if your eye is sound, your entire body will be full of light. But if your eye is unsound, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the very light in you [your conscience] is darkened, how dense is that darkness! Matthew 6:22–23, AMPC

Jesus says that the lamp of the body is the eye. Your “spiritual eye” is your conscience. He adds that if the eye is clear, if your conscience is clear, life is good. You’re going to be happy, filled with light. You will have a positive vision and will enjoy God’s blessings. But many people are living with a heaviness, a darkness, hanging over their lives. They have some nagging feeling, something’s always bothering them. They’re not happy. The problem is they don’t have a clear conscience. They’ve ignored the warnings for too long.

When we’re not doing what we know we should be doing in certain areas, our lives get darkened and heavy. Maybe God is dealing with you about having a better attitude, about something you’ve said, about spending more time with your children, about eating healthier, or about what you watch and listen to. Whatever it is, make a decision that you’re going to pay more attention to your conscience and that you are going to be quick to obey. When our conscience is clear, condemnation flees and light fills us.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that because of Jesus, my conscience can be clear and my life can be full of light. Search my heart and show me where there is any lingering darkness, any area where I need to change. Help me to keep my spiritual eyes sound and live free from condemnation. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America needs your help. COFA is looking for volunteers to help our growing ministry reach out to the unchurched outdoor enthusiast (locally and nationally). If you're retired or have extra time on your hands and can spare a few hours a week, we need you. Areas we need volunteers: Prayer team, Social media, church outreach, accounting, IT, National women's director, webpage design. If you have an interest in serving the Lord with your talents, we'd love to hear from you. You can email Leslie at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call her at 303.909.3707 or Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call him at 303.880.9878

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission, pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests. Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike at 303.880.9878

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Sep 2024 07:29 #3312 by DrMike
No Fear

Today's Scripture

“Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD. Jeremiah 1:8, NIV

God told Jeremiah that He had set him apart before he was born, that He had called him to speak to nations, and that he would be a prophet who would impact the culture. Jeremiah was a teenager and felt unqualified, but God told him He would give him the words to speak. Wherever Jeremiah went, God’s hand of favor would be on him. After God spoke all these incredible promises to him, He finished by saying, “Don’t be afraid of the people.” God knew that people wouldn’t understand Jeremiah, that people were not going to like the words of warning he was going to speak to them, that friends might walk away. God was saying, “Don’t let the opinions of others hold you back. Don’t let what they think or say keep you from fulfilling your purpose.”

God is saying the same message to us: “Don’t fear the people. If they don’t approve you, that’s not going to stop your purpose.” What will stop you is if you let their opinion become more important than what God put in your heart.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have given me everything I need to fulfill my purpose just as You did for Jeremiah. Thank You that I am enough because You made me just as I am, and I have Your approval. I declare that I will not be afraid if others don’t approve me or even oppose me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America needs your help. COFA is looking for volunteers to help our growing ministry reach out to the unchurched outdoor enthusiast (locally and nationally). If you're retired or have extra time on your hands and can spare a few hours a week, we need you. Areas we need volunteers: Prayer team, Social media, church outreach, accounting, IT, National women's director, webpage design. If you have an interest in serving the Lord with your talents, we'd love to hear from you. You can email Leslie at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call her at 303.909.3707 or Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call him at 303.880.9878

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission, pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests. Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike at 303.880.9878

Attachments:

16 Sep 2024 07:37 #3313 by DrMike
Rejoice

Today's Scripture

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4, NIV

God did not create you to live depressed, stressed out, worried, or frustrated. He intends for you to be joyful, peaceful, contented, and happy. Take an honest look at your life. Is there joy deep down inside? Do you get up in the morning excited about your future? Are you enjoying your family and friends? If not, what is stealing your joy and causing you to live upset?

Joy does not depend on your circumstances; it depends on your will. To “rejoice in the Lord always” is a choice that you make. It’s a decision that you’re going to enjoy each day whether your plans work out, or whether they don’t. Sometimes, everything that can go wrong will. When you have one of those days, dig your heels in and just go with the flow, knowing that God is working all things out for your good. Refuse to let the negative thoughts play in your mind and tune in to thoughts of joy, peace, faith, hope, and victory. Believe that God is in control and always choose to be joyful.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no matter what my circumstances are, I don’t have to live stressed and frustrated and discontent. Thank You that You have made this day and I can rejoice and be glad in it. I will choose joy because I know You are in control. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.117 seconds