Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

29 Aug 2024 07:11 #3301 by DrMike
Who’s Walking with You?

Today's Scripture

And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself. Luke 24:27, NIV

On the Sunday after Jesus was crucified, two of His disciples were walking from Jerusalem to Emmaus. They were so discouraged and sorrowful that Jesus was gone, that their hopes and dreams were shattered. They were so focused on what didn’t work out, this great disappointment, that they didn’t recognize the risen Jesus who suddenly joined them in their journey and conversation. In that incredible moment, He began to explain to them all that the Scripture had predicted about Him, how He would be crucified and rise from the dead on the third day. It wasn’t until later that day that they realized their seven-mile walk had been in the presence of the risen Savior.

How many times on our daily journey are we not recognizing what God is doing? We’re so caught up in dealing with problems, trying to fix our finances or our family or an illness, that we don’t see all the good things God is doing in the present moment. Don’t be so focused on what’s wrong that you don’t recognize that Jesus is walking with you through it all.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are walking with me and working in my life every day. Help me to not be so focused on today’s challenges that I miss the good things that You’re doing in this present moment. Open my eyes as You did with these two disciples so that I can see. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America needs your help. COFA is looking for volunteers to help our growing ministry reach out to the unchurched outdoor enthusiast (locally and nationally). If you're retired or have extra time on your hands and can spare a few hours a week, we need you. Areas we need volunteers: Prayer team, Social media, church outreach, accounting, IT, National women's director, webpage design. If you have an interest in serving the Lord with your talents, we'd love to hear from you. You can email Leslie at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call her at 303.909.3707 or Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call him at 303.880.9878

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission, pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests. Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike at 303.880.9878

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Aug 2024 06:39 #3302 by DrMike
Day and Night

Today's Scripture

“Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.” Joshua 1:8, NIV

To meditate means “to think about over and over.” Worry is meditating. It’s letting the negative play again and again in your mind. Some people have this principle down. They’re professional worriers. The problem is they’re meditating on the wrong things. They’re letting the negative continually play. Why don’t you switch what you’re meditating on? It doesn’t take any more energy to believe in God’s promises than it does to worry about what you can’t control. This one small tweak can make a life-changing difference. Instead of going through the day worried about your future, wondering how you’re going to make it, make this small tweak: “Father, thank You that You have me in the palms of Your hands. Thank You for the promise that the path of the righteous, my path, is getting brighter and brighter. I know that You’re ordering my steps. You say no good thing will you withhold because I walk uprightly.” Now, instead of your thoughts defeating you, draining your energy, and limiting your future, you’re using your thoughts to encourage you, to empower you, to build your faith.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your Word and for the abundance of Your promises. Thank You that Your thoughts have the power to encourage, empower, and build me up in the faith. I declare that I will not allow negative thoughts to play again and again in my mind. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America needs your help. COFA is looking for volunteers to help our growing ministry reach out to the unchurched outdoor enthusiast (locally and nationally). If you're retired or have extra time on your hands and can spare a few hours a week, we need you. Areas we need volunteers: Prayer team, Social media, church outreach, accounting, IT, National women's director, webpage design. If you have an interest in serving the Lord with your talents, we'd love to hear from you. You can email Leslie at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call her at 303.909.3707 or Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call him at 303.880.9878

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission, pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests. Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike at 303.880.9878

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds