My New Heart- A Miraculous Story

12 Oct 2010 07:21 #1 by Nmysys
I wish to share my story with you the members of this wonderful community. It was first published by The Buddhist Institute mentioned within the story and then 6 months later was republished all over the world in Chinese by the largest Buddhist Publishing Service in the world, the Baus Wisdom Journal for all Beings, out of Mt. Carmel, N.Y.
Please feel free to post your reactions.

http://www.285bound.com/pdffiles/heart.pdf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Oct 2010 11:17 #2 by JMC
An amazing story. Thanks for sharing it with us, I sent it to a friend of mine that could some encouragement in his life right now.

12 Oct 2010 12:23 #3 by Nmysys
JMC:

Those pictures show Lynn and I on a cruise. As we boarded the ship there was a couple boarding beside us and the guy had on a Bronco hat. At that time, I wasn't much of a fan because I was no longer fond of Mike Shannahan, but I said to Lynn, there's a Broncos fan for you. To make a long story short, we became close friends and were basically connected at the hip for the whole 7 day voyage. The wife had liver cancer and had approximately 6 weeks to live. They lived in New Broomfield, Missouri. After disembarking from the ship in New Orleans, Lynn and I drove back here to Colorado. On the way back we talked constantly about our new friends. We spent but two days at home and wanting to see them again and worried about her health, we drove to New Broomfield to visit them. Filled with despair over her condition, I begged her to let me try to do something and convinced her to let me try to pray over her as my good friend had done for me. This was in December of 2006. Today our friends live in Colorado Springs. You draw your own conclusion from that. Somehow I have been able to pass this miracle on to others.

12 Oct 2010 12:34 #4 by jf1acai
Wonderful!

Thanks for sharing!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

12 Oct 2010 13:08 #5 by ColoradoXprss
Wowwww...what a truly Miraculous Story...thank you so much for sharing this with all of us. You have truly been blessed. I for one will definitely be reading the Sutra of Ksitigarbha’s Fundamental Vows and the Sutra on the Path of Ten Beneficial Deeds.

12 Oct 2010 13:38 #6 by RY
Replied by RY on topic My New Heart- A Miraculous Story
thanks for sharing this beautiful and inspiring story, I so believe it. It has been known for a long time that prayer can heal, sometimes even when the recipient doesn't know it. And yes, chanting is very powerful and healing as well.

here is a beautiful chant from the anusara yoga tradition

Om namah shivaya gurave, satchidananda murtaye, nisprapancaya shantaya, niralambaya tejase -

"I bow to the goodness within myself, known as Lord Shiva, ... Saccidananda Murtaye (In the forms of reality, consciousness and bliss) Nisprapancaya Shantaya (Ever present and full of peace) Niralambaya Tejase (Independent being, the vital essence of illumination) ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7pSswcI6YM

12 Oct 2010 19:17 #7 by pinedust
Nmysys, that is totally cool, thanks for sharing that. The things I learn about people are fascinating.

12 Oct 2010 23:15 #8 by ScienceChic
May you continue to live a healthy and peaceful life! Thank you for letting us to get to know you a little better!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Oct 2010 04:38 #9 by DrMike
Great story Nmysys, its important, that we all know that we are brothers and sisters as we travel this journey together. We need to encourage each other, and this story did. Blessings..

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds