Need new places to eat?

10 May 2014 16:30 - 11 May 2014 14:30 #1 by pacamom
A few new eating places coming soon.

Not a big fan of pie, but I do like sweet stuff. Opening soon in Conifer - maybe where Aspen Perk Café was?
http://www.piesbybakers.com/home.html

https://www.facebook.com/Piesandcoffee

Anyone notice the big orange food truck just past Moore Lumber in Pine Junction?
I here it's going to be a chicken and bisquit place.

El Rio down in Bailey is gonna open again as a different restaurant.

Gypsy Diner closed, but Crow Hill Café is now open. Hopefully they will be open later than 3 in the future.

It will be fun to try the new places out as they open up.

Good luck to them all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 May 2014 11:57 #2 by Norm
Replied by Norm on topic Need new places to eat?
This one says Park County http://www.piesbybakers.com/home.html so I don't think it will open in the Safeway center. Isn't that Jeffco?

11 May 2014 12:32 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Need new places to eat?
It says Park Co at the top of the website, but when you go to their Facebook page the address listed is the Aspen Park Village. Pacamom had it right, they are supposed to open where Aspen Perk Cafe was - right next to Mountain Books (Jesse has been anxiously awaiting their arrival!) :) (It was supposed to happen May 1st, I hope it's nothing serious that's delayed it)

There's also a new ice cream shop opening in the old Deer Creek Realty location right next to the Post Office.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 May 2014 13:57 #4 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Need new places to eat?
That reminds me.

'Liks Ice Cream' is going to open soon in the old Safeway Center. First floor over near Busters.

11 May 2014 21:38 #5 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Need new places to eat?
Well damn. I am delighted to see Liks coming in and am delighted that is it far enough away that I'll have to make an effort to go there (well, except for after working out at Anytime . . .) but now you go and tell me that I can indulge in my favorite vice right here in beautiful downtown Bailey. There's no hope for me. :woo hoo:

11 May 2014 21:52 #6 by ScienceChic
There wasn't any hope for you anyway. :biggrin: :tongue:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

12 May 2014 09:16 #7 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Need new places to eat?
Hey now!!!! :rofllol

12 May 2014 09:39 #8 by ScienceChic
:heart: lol

I'm excited about the new Italian place going in at El Rio's old location. Former founder of JJ Madwells and its chef, and I think I heard that they already have their liquor license approved. Outside seating planned too!

http://www.theflume.com/news/first_five ... f6878.html
http://www.theflume.com/news/first_five ... f6878.html

11 Jul 2014 19:00 - 11 Jul 2014 19:02 #9 by pineinthegrass
We tried the new broasted chicken place near Pine Junction today. It's a "food truck/wagon" (I'm sure there is a better description I can't think of, but it looks nice) on Mt Evans Blvd just north of the Ace Hardware store.

The food was great and the people very friendly.

The chicken breasts were very good and were almost all meat with very little bone.

The biscuits were very good as well, but not the biggest. We enjoyed the mashed potatoes and fried okra which my wife felt was the best in the area. The white gravy, while good, could use some more seasoning (though you can add your own salt and pepper to taste).

The prices were very reasonable.

Here is a menu with the current prices and with the operating hours as of today. Since they are new, I know things will probably keep changing. I wish them all the best and we'll be back (I've gotta try the mac&cheese and chicken salad)!

The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic, otisptoadwater, LOL

11 Jul 2014 20:38 #10 by otisptoadwater

pineinthegrass wrote:

Pineinthegrass, thanks for posting their menu. I'm going to have to check them out sometime soon. I'll openly confess that I'm kind of picky about chicken (thanks to my Mother and Grandma on my father's side). I'm a fried okra junky and if they have good tatter salad that will seal the deal for me. I'll post again on this topic once I have had a chance to stop by and try out their products. :barbeque:

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds