Question on Subscribed Topics

24 May 2010 06:42 #1 by RivendaleFarms
I get notified right away on PM's or topics I'm following (and thank you for that!). When I click the link in my email for a topic update, it takes me to the login page and once I login I'm at the main menu (or might be The Highway) but not to the watched topic or where I left off there. (I have clicked the "newest post" link on the email.) If I'm already logged in, it's no problem and takes me right to the last post I saw, so it's only if I haven't logged in yet. It's not a huge deal, just wanted to make you aware of it if you weren't already.

Thanks!

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 May 2010 06:57 #2 by jf1acai
On a different phpbb 3 forum which I administer, the notification emails contain multiple links. Where you go in the forum depends upon which link you click on. Could that be the case here too?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

24 May 2010 07:24 #3 by RivendaleFarms
I get multiple links (where you left off, the topic, or the forum) and clicking on the "where you left off" link only works if you're already logged in. Once I am, it's no problem on later notifications, just if I'm not logged in yet.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

24 May 2010 11:19 #4 by MyMountainTown

RivendaleFarms wrote: I get multiple links (where you left off, the topic, or the forum) and clicking on the "where you left off" link only works if you're already logged in. Once I am, it's no problem on later notifications, just if I'm not logged in yet.

Is one of the links the correct one? I do not think we have any control on what links do come to you but let me check. PHPBB3 sends them out. If you can tell me if any of them is correct that would help a ton. Thanks for making us aware of the issue.

285 Bound Staff

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

24 May 2010 11:30 #5 by RivendaleFarms
Figured it out on this one as I hadn't logged in here yet on this computer today. I clicked the "where you left off" link, it took me to the login page, I entered my login info and then clicked the option "Return to Previous Page." That brought me here, so it works, I just didn't understand how. You do have to login before it will take you to the topic you're watching.

24 May 2010 11:32 #6 by The Viking
Where is the where I left off? And how do you get PM notifications of that?

24 May 2010 14:56 #7 by RivendaleFarms
Click on Subscribe to Topic at the top left of a page.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds