Editor's Eye

30 Jun 2023 10:24 #11 by ColoradoSerenity
Replied by ColoradoSerenity on topic Editor's Eye
To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate the beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.
—Ralph Waldo Emerson

In the June edition of Editor’s Eye, Holly explores the rabbit hole of whether this quote is truly from Ralph Waldo Emerson.

coloradoserenity.com/editors-eye/what-is-success/

coloradoserenity.com/
1524 Belford Court, Evergreen, CO 80439
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Facebook
Instagram
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Aug 2023 17:31 #12 by ColoradoSerenity
“This list struck me as a great combination of humor, simplicity and some good old-fashioned guidance that could be applied to many situations as one walks the winding path of life.”

Be sure to read the advice from an old farmer that Holly Jorgensen shared in her column in July. Which one is your favorite?

coloradoserenity.com/editors-eye/advice-from-an-old-farmer/

coloradoserenity.com/
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Facebook
Instagram
Attachments:

26 Aug 2023 17:59 #13 by ColoradoSerenity
“…because I know that so many people in this same timeframe have had so much loss, as well, due to COVID and its after effects, etc., I thought I would print this very lovely piece, written by Jessica Watson, for all to enjoy and receive a bit of peace from.”

Holly shares her grief of major loss in the last few years and an encouraging piece from Jessica Watson titled “Grief is like carrying a stone in your pocket” in the August edition of Editor’s Eye.

coloradoserenity.com/editors-eye/a-stone-in-your-pocket/

coloradoserenity.com/
Facebook
Instagram
Attachments:

01 Nov 2023 06:44 #14 by ColoradoSerenity
“My personal takeaway: There is so much to be said for living minimalist! Having attachments to ‘things’ is really not helpful to you or those you leave behind when you depart this earth. You can’t take it with you!”

In the October edition of Editor’s Eye, Holly shares the experience of cleaning out her childhood home in preparation to sell. Be sure to check it out at coloradoserenity.com/editors-eye/living-minimalist/ .

coloradoserenity.com/
Facebook
Instagram
Attachments:

22 Nov 2023 12:51 #15 by ColoradoSerenity
“I can get behind tradition. Tradition has its place. Throughout history, and within cultures, tradition is the fiber that weaves us together and connects us. I like that. So, I will be traditional with my column this month, and since it is November, the month in which Thanksgiving falls, I think it quite appropriate to give some traditional thanks.”

See what Holly is thankful for this Thanksgiving in her November edition of Editor’s Eye.

coloradoserenity.com/editors-eye/tradition-2/

coloradoserenity.com/
Facebook
Instagram
Attachments:

21 Dec 2023 13:26 #16 by ColoradoSerenity
“To our advertisers, writers and readership: As we reflect upon our successes as a company in 2023, we thank you for being such an important part of what we do. We appreciate each and every one of you and wish you all a bountiful 2024.”

Holly wishes you a happy holiday season and offers gift suggestions in her December column.

coloradoserenity.com/editors-eye/best-wi...rful-holiday-season/

coloradoserenity.com/
Facebook
Instagram
Attachments:

25 Jan 2024 19:25 #17 by ColoradoSerenity
“Perhaps having “big expectations” for resolutions and fresh starts puts too much pressure on what, in actuality, is simply a new day, week and month on the calendar.”

In the January edition of Editor’s Eye, Holly shares what she has observed in 2024 so far.

coloradoserenity.com/editors-eye/hows-2024-so-far/

coloradoserenity.com/
Facebook
Instagram
Attachments:

23 Feb 2024 16:33 #18 by ColoradoSerenity
“My annual love column: Here’s a selection of quotes—funny, poignant and sweet—to honor the month of love.”

Read Holly’s column on our website at coloradoserenity.com/editors-eye/its-the-month-of-love-2/ .

coloradoserenity.com/
Facebook
Instagram
Attachments:

05 Apr 2024 15:09 #19 by ColoradoSerenity
“You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”
—Jim Rohn
“I recently came upon this quote and it really resonated with me. I have felt, especially in recent years, that it was important to elevate the overall quality of people who are in our inner circle of friends.”

In the March edition of Editor’s Eye, Holly analyzes the above quote and how she sees it working in her life. Be sure to check out this endearing piece on friendship!

coloradoserenity.com/editors-eye/on-friendship/

coloradoserenity.com/
Facebook
Instagram
Attachments:

25 Apr 2024 19:15 #20 by ColoradoSerenity
“I’m curious why so many people in society seem to be addicted to drama, extremes, chaos and the fantastical? I’d like to blame the younger generations for this odd obsession with mania, but I happen to know many people my age as well as older generations who are afflicted with the same condition.”

What are your thoughts about the addiction to chaos and drama? Holly shares her thoughts in the April edition of Editor’s Eye.

coloradoserenity.com/editors-eye/neutrality/

coloradoserenity.com/
Facebook
Instagram
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds