Hello

07 Jan 2011 16:24 #1 by Shannon Harland-DVM
Hello was created by Shannon Harland-DVM
Hi everyone,
My name is Dr. Shannon Harland DVM. I am a new member of the 285 Bound team and will be covering any large animal veterinary questions you may have.

I work with Dr Jeff Danielson at Aspen Creek Veterinary Hospital. Dr. Jeff handles the small animal side of things while Dr Ashleigh Olds Diedrich (the owner of the practice) and I take care of the large animals. Our specialty is horses, but we do enjoy treating other animals including alpacas, llamas, goats, sheep, cattle and the occasional pig. In fact, Aspen Creek is one of the few practices that treats pot-bellied pigs! We have a hospital facility where we have the ability to see appointments, run laboratory tests, perform surgery and hospitalize patients if needed. We also offer ambulatory services for small and large animal patients.

In the past year, we have added several exciting new services including a shockwave machine, a new digital radiography system that allows us to view high quality X-rays immediately after they are taken - even on house calls, animal chiropractic services, Mesotherapy, and more.

I am relatively new to the state of Colorado. I moved to Conifer in April of 2010, so this will be my first winter with snow! (I apologize, I will be the one driving super slow any time there is any kind of winter weather). I grew up in California and went to veterinary school at the University of California at Davis with Dr. Ashleigh. I practiced in an equine ambulatory practice in San Diego for a several years before deciding to try something different - so I moved to Australia. Over there I worked in the equine hospital at the University of Sydney for 3 years before deciding to come back to the United States to work for Aspen Creek Veterinary Hospital. My interests include dentistry, medicine, ultrasound, and I am currently finishing an Animal Chiropractic course and certification. In my free time I enjoy running, hiking, and I am considering taking up mountain biking since it seems to be pretty popular around here.

I will be posting about various topics that I think are important about the care of large animals, but I welcome any questions that you have. Legally, I cannot provide specific diagnosis or treatment plans without examining an animal, but I am certainly happy to answer general questions and help point you in the right direction.
I look forward to answering any questions you may have about your animals.
Dr. Shannon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jan 2011 19:21 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Hello
I cannot wait. Great to have you here!

07 Jan 2011 19:38 #3 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Hello
Welcome aboard! Very glad to have your expertise available here.

Do you have experience with burros? Burro racing has a large following here, so it might be something for you to look into. Since you enjoy running, you might even want to participate. :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

07 Jan 2011 21:25 #4 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Hello
Welcome to 285 and reading all that you have to offer, you are a great asset to our comminity.

07 Jan 2011 21:42 #5 by Martin Ent Inc
Replied by Martin Ent Inc on topic Hello
Everyone at ACLAC is great. :thumbsup:

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds