Jefferson County to test new emergency notification system

29 Jan 2013 16:51 - 12 Mar 2017 12:46 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
Jefferson County, Broomfield County to test new emergency notification system
01/29/2013

Starting at 9 a.m. on February 6, the CodeRED emergency notification system will begin making test calls to residents in Jefferson and Broomfield counties along with portions of Adams and Clear Creek counties.

The counties previously used First Call Network for emergency notifications. However, during the Lower North Fork Fire last year, at least 12 percent of Jefferson County residents in the evacuation zone were not notified.

The new CodeRED system may be used to notify residents of evacuation notices, bio-terrorism alerts, boil water notices, missing child reports and severe weather.

Read more on the DenverChannel 7News story (and find links to other counties' notifications systems) here: www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news...-notification-system

To register for the alerts to your cell phone and/or landline at home, go to this link: cne.coderedweb.com/Default.aspx?groupid=...yN1pSJ0fDSlneA%3d%3d

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jan 2013 19:25 #2 by jf1acai
Bureaucratic bungling at its best.

The information provided by The Denver Channel does not agree with the information provided by CodeRed when you enroll, which does not agree with the information provided by Jefferson County at http://jeffco.us/sheriff/sheriff_T62_R259.htm .

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

04 Feb 2013 13:06 #3 by MountainTownAlerts
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Help ... MWxEbmn5Lo

NEW Emergency Notification System to be tested Wed., Feb. 6th
We no longer have your phone number! --Sign up today...

Jefferson County Sheriff's Office E-mail Alert

January 31, 2012
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On February 6, starting at 9 a.m., the CodeRED emergency notification system will begin making test calls. This notification process is expected to take several hours to complete due to the large number of landlines to be called. This system is used to help disseminate information regarding critical incidents.

In addition citizens can elect to receive notification of severe weather using the CodeRED Weather Warning system.

Residents and businesses are encouraged to visit [url=http://www.jeffcosheriff.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.jeffcosheriff.com[/url] to sign up. It only takes seconds, and can include SMS (text) and email address preferences. This is especially important for those addresses without a landline, as residents and businesses must register if they want to receive emergency notifications. Residents who have previously registered their phone numbers must re-register under the new notification system to ensure accuracy.

Residents wanting more information about the test notification call or with questions should call: 303-277-0211.

06 Feb 2013 12:06 #4 by pacamom
Got my call at 10:51 am today.

06 Feb 2013 12:20 #5 by Blazer Bob
So did we. Caller ID was an 866 area code. We never answer those since until now they had zero probability of being someone we know.

06 Feb 2013 12:59 #6 by pacamom
When I signed up for CodeRed on my phone, I put all the numbers in as contacts and identified them as

Emergency Notifications 1-866-419-5000
Emergency notifications general 1-855-969-4636
Emergency Weather 1-800-566-9780

Since I now work where tornados happen, I have my gps turned on so that I get the correct notifications for where I am physically as well as my home address.

06 Feb 2013 13:11 #7 by jf1acai
Just confirmed with Jeffco that they will be sending emails as part of this test, but have not done so yet.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

06 Feb 2013 13:25 #8 by jf1acai
Just received the email.

06 Feb 2013 16:10 #9 by pacamom
got the test text this afternoon

06 Feb 2013 16:26 #10 by ScienceChic
I haven't received a text alert yet (though I signed up for that), but did get calls on my home and cell phones. Thanks for the numbers pacamom; I'd only seen the 866-419-5000 one.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds