Park County - Shawnee/Black Canyon Fire

24 Jun 2013 18:13 #1 by Reverend Revelant
There is/was a fire incident in Park County - west/southwest of Bailey - but I don't hear anything on the Park County sheriff feed (nothing at all - not even normal chatter) and I don't have any other info for the time being.

You can put these coordinates into Google Maps to see location 39.3622, -105.6722 ( https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl )

If anyone has more info, please feel free to update this thread.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jun 2013 18:37 #2 by jf1acai
Not quite the same location that I got from Pueblo WildCad Incident Map ( http://www.disastersupportvolunteers.co ... re-psf-505 ) but close. I have no further info beyond the name and number, Black Canyon Fire, PSF-505, and resources assigned - ARF En 653 BC-9 ENG-10-1 MBF 492 PT-10 SQD-10-1.

ETA: I believe the "Shawnee" referred to is Shawnee Peak, not the town of Shawnee, since it is on the other side of the range.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

25 Jun 2013 08:30 #3 by ScienceChic
Here's the Park Co scanner feed: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/510

Sheriff Wegener posted on this on his FB page 41 minutes ago (to which anyone can subscribe if they wish):

Small wildfire up in the Lost Park Wilderness Area. Jefferson Como Fire and PCSO had initial response. USFS arrived and took over suppression efforts. I was informed later that smoke jumpers had also arrived. Aircraft were called in. Last word I had was + or - 15 acres.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Jun 2013 09:30 #4 by FredHayek
The Lost Park Wilderness fire? Any new news? Like the official name or actual location?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Jun 2013 09:47 #5 by ScienceChic
Official name is Black Canyon Fire, map posted at the DSV link above (I was hearing Topaz Mtn on the scanner yesterday, which it appears it's near but not that near). No other updates than from the Park Co Sheriff :
https://www.facebook.com/ParkCountySheriffsOffice

UPDATE-LOST CREEK WILDERNESS FIRE-NEAR RADCLIFF GULCH IN LOST PARK.

At 5:17 pm the US Forrest Service took over Incident Command. The fire is on US Forrest Service land. No structures are currently threatened. Hand crews are on scene combating the fire.

US Forrest Service will give an update as additional information becomes available.

Pueblo Interagency Dispatch still has the same info listed:
http://www.wildcad.net/WCCOPBC.htm
06/24/2013 15:17
Incident #: PSF-505
Name: Black Canyon Wildfire
Size: 15ac
Resources: BC-10-1 CAPT-10-3 ENG-10-1 Navajo #3 PT-10 SQD-10-1

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Jun 2013 09:53 #6 by ScienceChic
Another update from Park Co Sheriff with a little bit of new info:
Wildfire up in the Lost Park Wilderness Area. + or - 15 acres at last update. USFS has control of the fire. This was a hike in fire. Smoke Jumpers were also called in. Aircraft were also working on the fire yesterday. No structures threatened.

25 Jun 2013 16:34 #7 by ScienceChic

26 Jun 2013 10:46 #8 by FredHayek
A Tweet from the Pike National Forest Twitter feed says they the Black Canyon fire is down to 10 acres and expected to be fully contained at the end of shift today.

Still waiting for an update on the Snyder Creek fire.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds