Accident at 285 and Roland Valley Dr

04 Jun 2014 12:12 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
Per eyewitness, it appears that a car ran off the road, several emergency vehicles on scene. There may be a lane blocked. This is on the NB side of Hwy 285.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jun 2014 14:57 #2 by ScienceChic
Per CDOT: 15m
All lanes cleared NB US 285 @ Conifer (mm 240.8) after accident cleanup

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Jun 2014 16:11 #3 by ScienceChic
Per ‏@FairplayFlume 53m
Female driver of SUV going north on 285 lost control, veered over embankment by Roland Valley Dr. and was ejected. 3 dogs were also ejected.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Jun 2014 19:43 #4 by pacamom
How sad. Thoughts to her family.

A female driver of a silver SUV traveling northbound on U.S. Highway 285 lost control of her vehicle and veered off the road and over an embankment near Rolland Valley Drive. The vehicle overturned and the driver was ejected. She was found dead by first responders. The car is in a "precarious position," according to Colorado State Patrol deputy, Kris Galyen.

http://www.theflume.com/free_content/ar ... b2370.html

04 Jun 2014 20:10 #5 by mountaindollar
Prayers go out to the family so very sad.

04 Jun 2014 21:29 #6 by pacamom

ScienceChic wrote: Per CDOT: 15m
All lanes cleared NB US 285 @ Conifer (mm 240.8) after accident cleanup

I think you got your accidents confused. MM240.8 would be Aspen Park, not Roland Valley.

04 Jun 2014 21:42 #7 by jf1acai
Actually, I think it was CDOT that got their accidents confused, because the crash at 240.8 was cleared long before CDOT posted that.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

04 Jun 2014 21:56 #8 by otisptoadwater
Either way it's a sad story and I extend my condolences to those who survive the deceased. No word on the dogs? I hope that their injuries were minimal but the OP and subsequent posts don't sound positive. They'll all be in my prayers.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

04 Jun 2014 22:24 #9 by BuyersAgent
:tulip: A beloved friend of my 26yo daughter has posted a Facebook entry, announcing the death of her mother and one of the family pets. :SadLeave:

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
COLORADO HIGHLIGHTS REALTY
303-761-4046

04 Jun 2014 23:05 #10 by otisptoadwater
Tragic and worse, not anything anyone can do other than offer their condolences to the family and attempt to comfort them and console them. Losing a family member is never easy, losing a close friend either. Very sad.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds