Wildland Fire S Ridge Rd 3 miles down Foxton Rd.

29 Dec 2014 20:28 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
Per cosmiccowboy55:
Hearing reports of a wildfire reported in the trees 3 miles down off of Foxton, near S Ridge Rd. Elk Creek Fire has just arrived and is pinpointing location and access.

www.pinecam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&p=1612463#p1612463

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Dec 2014 20:47 - 29 Dec 2014 20:48 #4 by MountainTownAlerts
It's a large bonfire, multiple fires. No additional assistance required, InterCanyon Fire and Evergreen Fire standing down all personnel not already on scene.

29 Dec 2014 21:06 #5 by jf1acai
Pardon my rant, but how stupid/inconsiderate do you have to be to have such a large bonfire without notifying the fire department?

Under these conditions, multiple volunteers, local citizens, and fire department apparatus were unnecessarily put at risk.

What would it take to get people to let the fire department know before engaging in activity that will create large amounts of smoke and/or flames, in the middle of a forested area?

If this is posted in the wrong area, please move it.

Sorry, I am just pissed off at people who would do this.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

29 Dec 2014 21:35 - 29 Dec 2014 21:35 #6 by ScienceChic
Agreed, a simple burn permit request would've been not only prudent, but is required. Multiple agencies having to respond and spend time looking, neighbors worrying, is uncalled for. I hope this is a lesson learned and taken to heart.

To get approval to burn slash, you need to fill out the permit at the link below, submit it to your local fire district for sign-off, then turn it into Jeffco Public Health Environmental Health Services along with the fee.
jeffco.us/public-health/air-quality/open-burning-permits/

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds