CSP Public Affairs:
We strongly encourage employers to consider either fully cancelling work today, or at least allow employees a half day and to go home by noon. The fewer cars on the road during bad weather, the better.
PASSENGER VEHICLE TRACTION LAW
I-70 Westbound / Eastbound between Silverthorne and Bakerville (Milemarker 205-221)
Passenger vehicles are required to have snow or mud/snow tires, use chains/alternative traction devices, or be a 4WD/AWD vehicle.
I-70 Westbound Vail Pass Summit (Milemarker 190)
Crash west of Summit. No estimated.time to open.
CO 9 Southbound / Northbound Hoosier Pass (Milemarker 86-73)
Winter driving conditions, slower speeds advised, use caution.
Replied by MountainTownAlerts on topic Travel Alerts April 10, 2019
CSP: I-70 / US 285 Chain Law and Passenger Vehicle Traction Law restrictions have been dropped as the storm is hitting the plains. (But it's snowing in Vail again.) Get home, slowly and safely, while you can.
- I-70 Eastbound Vail to Vail Pass Summit (Milemarker 178-190)
- I-70 Eastbound Silverthorne to Eisenhower Tunnel (Milemarker
- I-70 Westbound Georgetown to Eisenhower Tunnel (Milemarker 228-215)
- I-70 Westbound / Eastbound Floyd Hill (Milemarker 241-250)
- I-70 Westbound / Eastbound Mt. Vernon Canyon (Milemarker 250-259)
- US 6 Westbound / Eastbound Loveland Pass (Milemarker 220-229)
- CO 9 Southbound / Northbound Hoosier Pass (Milemarker 73-80)
Chains or alternative traction devices (ATDs) required for all CMV, including buses and vans of 16+ capacity. EB CMVs – There is no truck parking east of Milepost 133 or in Vail Valley. Trucks waiting out the chain law should not proceed past Dotsero – exit 133.