Winter Storm Warning & Advisory October 23

23 Oct 2019 11:36 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
The previous Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect, it has been upgraded to a Winter Storm Warning.

From Chief Meteorologist Steve Hamilton: My Mountain Town Weather *Snow Update*
Winter Storm Warning For Most Of Foothills...
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning (red) for most of the Front Range Foothills and parts of the Palmer Divide. A fast-moving cold front is expected Wednesday, bringing cold temperatures and a good chance of snow. Conditions should be favorable for snow squalls late Wednesday evening into the early hours Thursday. These bands of heavy snow could push accumulations higher than predictions for a few locations. You can track the snow on our website with customizable radar: mymountaintown.com/expert-local-weather Please prepare for potentially heavy snow and slick road conditions Wednesday night, and into the Thursday morning commute. (Fairplay, Como and Alma are under a Winter Weather Advisory [blue], due to lower expected snow amounts.)

Morrison
Wednesday Night: Rain changing to snow my mid evening. Up to 6 inches possible. Breezy. Low: Lower 20s.

Conifer
Wednesday Night: Snow. Up to 10 inches possible. Periods of heavy snow possible. Gusty wind. Low: 20.

Evergreen
Wednesday Night: Snow. Up to 9 inches possible. Areas of heavy snow possible. Breezy. Low: Upper teens.

Pine
Wednesday Night: Snow. Up to 9 inches possible. Periods of heavy snow possible. Low: 20. Breezy.

Bailey
Wednesday Night: Snow. Up to 10 inches possible. Low: 20. Areas of heavy snow possible. Gusty wind.

Fairplay
Wednesday Night: Snow. Up to 5 inches possible. Breezy. Low: Mid teens. Areas of heavy snow possible.

Jefferson-Como
Wednesday Night: Snow. Up to 5 inches possible. Gusty wind. Low: Mid teens.

Alma
Wednesday Night: Snow. Up to 6 inches possible. Gusty wind. Low: Upper teens.
Winter Storm Warning

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Denver CO
354 AM MDT Wed Oct 23 2019

...HEAVY TONIGHT SOUTHERN FOOTHILLS AND PALMER DIVIDE...

.Snow will develop over the southern foothills and Palmer Divide late Wednesday afternoon and evening. The snow will be heavy at times tonight, before tapering off overnight. Snowfall of 4 to 8 inches is expected, with up to 12 inches in the foothills southwest of Denver. Hazardous road conditions are expected to develop, possibly as early as rush hour, with the worst conditions tonight. Snow will decrease early Thursday morning, but there may still be some effect on road conditions for the Thursday morning rush hour.

Elsewhere, snow will occur in the mountains today and tonight, and develop across South Park and over the I-25 Urban Corridor by this evening. Accumulations across the I-70 Mountain Corridor an South Park will be in the 4 to 8 inch range. Over southern portions of the I-25 Urban Corridor, amounts of 2 to 4 inches will be possible. The snow will diminish by late tonight.

COZ036-041-231800-
/O.UPG.KBOU.WS.A.0012.191024T0000Z-191024T1400Z/
/O.NEW.KBOU.WS.W.0014.191024T0000Z-191024T1400Z/
The Southern Front Range Foothills-Castle Rock-
Including the cities of Bailey, Central City, Evergreen, Georgetown, Idaho Springs, Westcreek
, Castle Rock, Elbert, Fondis, Kiowa, and Larkspur

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 8 AM MDT THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches with locally up to 12 inches in the southern Foothills.

* WHERE...The Southern Front Range Foothills and Castle Rock.

* WHEN...From 6 PM this evening to 8 AM MDT Thursday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous conditions could develop during this evenings rush hour, and may linger into early Thursday morning.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.

The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Winter Weather Advisory

Eslewhere, snow will occur in the mountains today and tonight, and develop across South Park and over the I-25 Urban Corridor by this evening. Accumulations across the I-70 Mountain Corridor an South Park will be in the 4 to 8 inch range. Over southern portions of the I-25 Urban Corridor, amounts of 2 to 4 inches will be possible. The snow will diminish by late tonight.

COZ034-037-231800-
/O.NEW.KBOU.WW.Y.0032.191024T0000Z-191024T1400Z/
The Mountains of Summit County, the Mosquito Range, and the Indian Peaks-South Park-
Including the cities of Berthoud Pass, Breckenridge, East Slopes Mosquito Range, East Slopes Southern Gore Range, Eisenhower Tunnel, Indian Peaks, Kenosha Mountains, Mount Evans, Williams Fork Mountains, Winter Park, Fairplay, Hartsel, Lake George, and South Park

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 8 AM MDT THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 9 inches.

* WHERE...The Mountains of Summit County, the Mosquito Range, and the Indian Peaks and South Park.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be difficult. The hazardous conditions could develop during this evenings rush hour in the mountains, and may linger into early Thursday morning.

COZ039-040-231800-
/O.NEW.KBOU.WW.Y.0032.191024T0000Z-191024T1400Z/
Boulder and the western suburbs of Denver-
Including the cities of Arvada, Boulder, Golden, Lakewood
, Longmont, Aurora, Brighton, City of Denver, Denver International Airport, Highlands Ranch, Littleton, and Parker

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 8 AM MDT THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches.

* WHERE...Boulder and the western suburbs of Denver and Denver.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the Thursday morning commute.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Slow down and use caution while traveling.

The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds