Goodman Auto Parts Grand Opening/Free Food, Beer & Wine!

05 Jun 2011 23:03 #21 by ScienceChic
Thanks H.R., you're too sweet! The pics were my pleasure - I Love cars! My aunt, who used to race back in the 60s in "Powder Puff" leagues (she was an athlete, and quite a pistol) drove a '70 Chevelle around town, primer blue colored, and she'd regale me of stories of guys trying to beat her out at lights (Hah!) that started my love of fast cars, and admiration of no-nonsense, strong, opinionated women. When I got my drivers license, it had been sitting and rusting for almost 20 years, the engine was still good, and I asked her if I could have it, but her brother owned it, so I begged him to let me have it - my best friend's brother re-built cars, he had a shell of another sports car just waiting for us to drop the Chevelle engine in...and my uncle never caved. I still wish I'd had that opportunity to drive it like she had. It's still sitting at my uncle's house, rusting away, sadly. Seeing the Chevelle there today reminded me of all that. Good memories!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jun 2011 23:05 #22 by ScienceChic

pineinthegrass wrote: We enjoyed the event! Cabin Creek had great BBQ and thanks to Biggie for the beverages plus great music too. Nice seeing SC, jmc, Mr&Ms archer, Mr&Ms Dimplszz and MR&Ms HEARTLESS.

The only problem is we parked our white car out of the way and someone vandalized it big time! Had to walk 15 miles home. :wink:

D'oh! That sure was a purty flower you had painted on the side too, what a shame! lol

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds