53 Peaks Brewing Co.

06 May 2013 12:47 #1 by Buck Wenbrook
Hello All!

It's been a while since I have posted. I have been negligent, but I digress.

I wanted to kind of put this out there because I didn't really find it anywhere else and wanted to get the word out. 53 Peaks Brewing Co., is wanting to open their doors here in Conifer! These guys and gals are super excited to become a part of this community and all the wonderful people that call our area home! I have absolutely no affiliation with this company whatsoever, but I am excited to see the possibility of a brewery opening up in our backyard.

53 Peaks has already said that they are committed to opening up in the 285 corridor because they have had so much support already from this community. They have also started a Kickstarter campaign in hopes of raising enough money to purchase a seven barrel system to put them even further ahead so that we might be able to enjoy this sweet nectar even sooner! I have contributed to their campaign and they are within 15% of their goal as of this morning (5/6). If you would like t contribute (and I hope that you will!) here is the link, which will also provide you a video and some info about them:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1828246448/53-peaks-brewing-company-reach-for-the-peaks

Also, check out their website that delves further into the beers that they have perfected and hope to bring to town by January 2014!:

http://www.53peaksbrewing.com

Cheers Conifer!

Does anyone in the community have an opinion one way or the other about a start up brewery coming to town. Will it succeed/ survive in our community? Any thoughts?

Just curious, because it seems that so many (obvious exaggeration because there are plenty doing well) businesses tend to fail up here and there seems to be a lot of turnover, specially in places like the Safeway plaza area.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 May 2013 13:09 - 27 Nov 2017 00:10 #2 by pacamom

06 May 2013 13:12 #3 by Lucky
Replied by Lucky on topic 53 Peaks Brewing Co.
Any way to help without joining kickstarter?

06 May 2013 13:13 - 27 Nov 2017 00:09 #4 by Buck Wenbrook
Replied by Buck Wenbrook on topic 53 Peaks Brewing Co.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

pacamom wrote: did you see this thread?

mymountaintown.com/forum/139-the-campfir...s-to-open-in-conifer

I did not but thanks for the link!

06 May 2013 13:23 #5 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic 53 Peaks Brewing Co.
Hi Buck! Glad to see you back and especially posting about this! That other thread had fallen back to Page 2 on the Campfire forum so no surprise you missed it! :)

Everyone I've spoken with is thrilled at the idea of a brewery opening up here (especially the restaurants)! I would encourage the prospective owners to chat with local business owners up here (especially the restaurants) because the biggest problem facing them seems to be the water costs. Being a brewery that wants to open 7 taps, if they are unprepared for expenses, it could be cost prohibitive (maybe start small and add on capability as they go?). If they get realistic feedback, and work that into their budget, then there's no reason that they couldn't thrive here, especially if they go in where they are rumored to be going! We've got lots of events at which to showcase them (FeBREWary, OctoBEERfest, the Conifer Mountain BBQ Challenge and Beer and Wine Tasting , the Elevation Celebration , 285 MarketDayz, Conifer Blues Festival , and more!

I'm not a beer drinker myself, but I'm excited at the potential and can't wait to see them here! (The 285 Tourism Committee is gonna promote the heck out of them!) :woo hoo:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 May 2013 13:37 #6 by Buck Wenbrook

Lucky wrote: Any way to help without joining kickstarter?

I don't really know for sure. I have offered up some help to them as we'll as a contribution, should they need assistance moving equipment etc. when the time comes.

I used there website to contact them directly.

06 May 2013 13:40 #7 by Buck Wenbrook

Science Chic wrote: Hi Buck! Glad to see you back and especially posting about this! That other thread had fallen back to Page 2 on the Campfire forum so no surprise you missed it! :)

Everyone I've spoken with is thrilled at the idea of a brewery opening up here (especially the restaurants)! I would encourage the prospective owners to chat with local business owners up here (especially the restaurants) because the biggest problem facing them seems to be the water costs. Being a brewery that wants to open 7 taps, if they are unprepared for expenses, it could be cost prohibitive (maybe start small and add on capability as they go?). If they get realistic feedback, and work that into their budget, then there's no reason that they couldn't thrive here, especially if they go in where they are rumored to be going! We've got lots of events at which to showcase them (FeBREWary, OctoBEERfest, the Conifer Mountain BBQ Challenge and Beer and Wine Tasting , the Elevation Celebration , 285 MarketDayz, Conifer Blues Festival , and more!

I'm not a beer drinker myself, but I'm excited at the potential and can't wait to see them here! (The 285 Tourism Committee is gonna promote the heck out of them!) :woo hoo:

That is fantastic news! I am super excited about the possibilities for them. We have a really supportive community and I can only wish 53 Peaks the very best. I might copy your suggestion and email them. I'm sure they would appreciate any insight or help that the community can offer!

06 May 2013 13:58 #8 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic 53 Peaks Brewing Co.
That would be great of you to do, thanks Buck!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 May 2013 14:05 #9 by Buck Wenbrook

Science Chic wrote: That would be great of you to do, thanks Buck!

Done AND Done!

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds