Marmot Fest at Staunton State Park July 19-20!

17 Jul 2014 11:44 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Marmot Fest @ Staunton ... this Saturday and Sunday!

Join us for all the fun, and learn more about our cute furry friends! DID YOU KNOW, that the first species of marmots originated in North America 9.5 million years ago?

Please visit our Friends of Staunton State Park tent, to learn how you can support your park and how you can adopt a marmot.

This cute little marmot is waiting to greet you, your family and friends to Staunton's Marmot Fest!

www.facebook.com/pages/Friends-of-Staunt...805371260149?fref=ts

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jul 2014 16:18 #2 by ScienceChic
We went today and had a blast! We "adopted" a marmot to help support the park, had face painting done, made a marmot sock puppet, got to feel different animal pelts, and talk to the Rangers. Then we went on a hike up Staunton Ranch Trail. The best part - almost everyone you pass says hello (if you don't beat them to it) - it was like living in Kings Valley again where everyone waves at you as you drive by. There were bikers, horseback riders, and hikers with kids and/or dogs, and we were very glad to get out as a family for some exercise. Here's what we saw:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 Jul 2014 16:20 - 20 Jul 2014 16:21 #3 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 Jul 2014 16:25 #4 by ScienceChic
And because I flirted with geology as a career path for a brief time (geologically speaking. <wink>), I'm always drawn to rocks. :P

And here's Murray the Marmot (as named by my son) that we received as part of our adoption. He's very soft and cuddly, and quite colorful for a stuffed animal.

If you haven't been to Staunton yet, what are you waiting for? :)

20 Jul 2014 18:12 #5 by jf1acai

And because I flirted with geology as a career path for a brief time (geologically speaking. <wink>), I'm always drawn to rocks.

Ahh, that explains ExtremeModerate! :whistle:

<GD&R>

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds