My Mountain Town 2020 Halloween Event Guide

18 Oct 2020 14:44 #1 by Mountain-News-Events

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Oct 2020 19:28 - 18 Oct 2020 19:30 #2 by HappyCamper
Sorry to be a spoiler but given the increase in Covid I say stay home it is what the Governor has asked.

You can have fun Spooky Parties for the kids and a few friends.

Do what you want but if you want to get over this crap stay home.

I would rather celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas which are family and religious based.

I know with the rise in cases there is not a chance in the world that I will be able to see my Mom or have a meal. Her 90th birthday is 12/18 and it just sucks that I will not get to do anything except have them hand her my gift.

Think about others also going through this is all I ask.

18 Oct 2020 19:39 #3 by Mountain-News-Events

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

18 Oct 2020 20:36 #4 by ScienceChic
HappyCamper, I absolutely agree that everyone needs to weigh their individual risk in regards to what's happening with cases. You know I have been a vocal proponent of safety measures, sharing data to keep everyone aware of what's happening, encouraging people to take this pandemic seriously, and fighting back against misinformation and lies. That said, I also believe that events can be held if done safely and within current state and county guidelines; the rise in outbreaks we're seeing is because we're suffering pandemic fatigue and too many have gotten lax about taking safety precautions (and college students are having far too many parties). Some of the events listed above are virtual, some limit the number of participants (the Evergreen costume parade, for example, is already full from what I hear), and others are held outdoors and taking precautions to maintain 6'+ distance/limit contact between participants (the South Park City Museum and Trunk or Treats are are drive-thru's for example, and Staunton's Hike Or Treat is a self-guided hike rather than volunteers in costume handing out candy along the trail. Being outside is safer than staying indoors).

With all of these events, I encourage people to be as safe as possible, and not do anything that they aren't comfortable doing. If anyone has conditions that put them at higher risk, or spends time around others who are, then continue to avoid any gatherings. If you aren't a member of the Boys & Girls Club of the High Rockies Club after school, for example, then consider donating to help support them rather than attending their event. If your kids are already participants of that program and spending time with the other kids there already, then they are simply spending more time with their close cohort and it's no different than any other day they are together.

Some of these events help support our area nonprofits whose services are vital to many in the Foothills. They have had to cancel many fundraising events this year, and are struggling to bring in the donations they usually do. They don't have to hold an event, and we don't have to attend, for us to continue supporting them, so please keep them in mind and send them donations if you are able! Thank you!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

19 Oct 2020 15:52 #5 by Mountain-News-Events
From Woof Hoof Mew:

Halloween is on the way! Post photos of your furry and feathered children in costumes to enter for Best Costume! Use the Hashtag #BOO2MEW and LIKE our FB page to enter. The most liked photo will be our winner. Winner will receive a $100 Amazon gift card and be featured on our website for November.
There will also be drawings for LIKING OUR PAGE and SHARING contest posts! Starbucks card for your Pumpkin Spice needs and even an Amazon Echo Dot!

www.facebook.com/WoofHoofMew/
About Us:
We are a team of Pet & Farm Sitters, dog walkers and caregivers for all animals. From house pets to show horses to farm animals... We love & care for them ALL!
(720) 744-3669
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Attachments:

22 Oct 2020 09:41 #6 by Mountain-News-Events

Critters Trick or Toys!
Visit Critters Toy Store (formerly Blue Spruce Toy Store) on Saturday December 31st between 10am-6pm wearing a costume and receive a free toy!

They are located at 27182 Main St, Suite 110, Conifer CO 80433 (Conifer Town Center, near Safeway).
Phone 720-772-0045

Attachments:

23 Oct 2020 13:17 #7 by Mountain-News-Events
From Meghan Warren:

Plans for this chilly weekend??? How about submitting your pumpkin carving to Evergreen Carving Contest - PRIZES, PRIZES, PRIZES!

Deadline is October 30th to submit your entries. Post them to Facebook or Instagram and you must tag @HeartofEvergreen (FB) or @heartofevergreen (Instagram) and add the hashtag #evergreencarvingcontest when you do so to qualify. Good luck!

Registration is FULL for this event- you will be prompted to a waitlist. If you registered and unable to attend, please email Meghan@downtownevergreen so she can remove you from the list and accommodate a family on the waitlist. Thank you to everyone who registered and please remember to get your #evergreencarvingcontest entries submitted!

Attachments:

25 Oct 2020 17:27 #8 by Mountain-News-Events
From Clear Creek County:

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

www.clearcreekcounty.us/DocumentCenter/V...ween-Recommendations

From your local epidemiologist:

Halloween...

I was going to give a very scientific explanation about the risks associated with Fall/Halloween activities. But then my “human” side weighed in. So I would say this is an opinion piece from a mom who loves the holidays but who’s also an epidemiologist during a global pandemic...

Don’t cancel Halloween. We have all been through enough this year. Buy those costumes, go to the pumpkin patch, carve pumpkins, decorate your house, spike the apple cider, and give out candy. Do this all with a VERY important caveat in mind... be smart and be creative.

Data Source: I created this infograph using recently published CDC guidelines. I thought it may be easier to digest than all the text on their website: www.cdc.gov/.../daily-life-coping/holidays.html

www.facebook.com/101805971467321/photos/...943/187145492933368/

Attachments:

29 Oct 2020 17:20 #9 by JeanieBoymel

All treats no tricks. New York Life is hosting a virtual Halloween event on 10/31 with the Story Pirates. It’s a free, fun and, most of all, safe way to celebrate Halloween with your kids. RSVP today.
nylife.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_FOfxQS6XScWJO_EY8Yf-QA

Wholistic, Personalized Financial Planning

Altitude Financial Partners
303-503-5036
altitudefinancialpartners.com/
Attachments:

30 Oct 2020 15:04 - 30 Oct 2020 15:09 #10 by Mountain-News-Events
Our updated Foothills Halloween Event Guide with the holiday events scheduled this weekend. Go to our Community Calendar and click on any of the events to get all the details! Today there are multiple Trunk or Treats, tomorrow Trick or Treat Drive-Throughs, movies, parades, virtual events, costume contests and more. Have a safe and fun All Hallow's Eve!
mymountaintown.com/community/calendar/monthcalendar/2020/10/33
:jackolanter
Friday October 30
03:30pm - 05:30pm Trunk or Treat at Platte Canyon Community Church
05:00pm - 08:00pm Drive Through Trick Or Treat Street at Conifer High School
05:00pm - 07:00pm West Jeff Elementary Trunk or Treat
06:00pm - 08:00pm Trunk or Treat at Flatirons Community Church
07:00pm - 10:00pm Drive-In Horror Movie Night-Nightmare on Elm Street - SOLD OUT
07:00pm - 10:30pm Morrison - Ghosts and Legends Tour
07:30pm - 11:00pm The Forest of Doom
:happyhallow
Saturday October 31
Story Pirates Halloween Event by New York Life - multiple times/day
09:00am - 06:00pm Rustic Relics Halloween Market
10:00am - 06:00pm Critter's Trick or Toys
10:00am - 02:00pm Hike Or Treat at Staunton State Park
10:00am - 06:00pm Lakewood Pumpkin Patch 2020 Benefitting Habitat for Humanity!
12:00pm - 03:00pm Halloween Haunted House Family Event - Bailey Library
01:00pm - 09:00pm Hocus Pocus Halloween Dine-In or Drive-In Movie at The Wild Game
02:00pm - 04:30pm Aspen Hollow Drive Thru Trunk or Treat
02:30pm - 06:30pm Treats at Tomahawk Ranch
03:00pm - 05:00pm Halloween Trick-or-Treat Kids' Parade at South Park City Museum
03:30pm - 04:30pm Downtown Evergreen Costume Parade
04:00pm - 08:00pm Trunk or Treat at Four Mile Fire Station
05:00pm - 08:00pm Halloween in Will-O-Wisp
05:00pm - 10:00pm Harris Park Community Witches Dance & Candy Handout
05:00pm - 08:00pm Haunted Drive in Conifer
05:30pm - 07:30pm Elk Creek Highlands Trunk or Treat
07:30pm - 11:00pm The Forest of Doom
08:00pm - 09:30pm Morrison - Ghosts and Legends Tour
:ghost:
Sunday November 1
Rocky Mountain 3v3 Spookout
Halloween Candy Buy Back at All Kids Dental

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.335 seconds