Rest in peace Mike Barnett of Scooter's Smokehouse & Grill

28 Jan 2022 00:06 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Announcement on Scooter's Smokehouse & Grill Facebook Page
January 1, 2022

From the Scooter's family to you all I wanted to inform you that Mike passed away this afternoon. This man fought a hard battle to overcome this horrible Covid virus! He fought until the very end, his body struggled and was so tired. He's now flying high with no pain!

Mike, Thank you for taking a risk moving up to these beautiful mountains, we call our home! And opening this business has definitely been challenging at times, but you did an awesome job leading our way!

To our Scooter's friends, Thank You for your prayers, calls, and your friendship through this hard time! Love you all

Babe, I promise to take good care of your little buddy, Scooter! I miss you already!!

Obituary Michael "Mike" Brock Barnette February 12, 1951 ~ January 1, 2022

Mike married Kathy Lynn (Singleton), May 26, 2000 in Roswell, NM. They loved traveling to and visiting different mountain regions. In 2016 they moved to Conifer, Colorado where they own and operate Scooter's Smokehouse & Grill (named after his bulldog, Scooter). Mike was known for his outstanding Texas BBQ, winning Best BBQ in Colorado by Business Insider / Yelp.[/url] He enjoyed feeding and visiting with all the great folks from Conifer and the surrounding mountain communities.

Kathy is keeping Scooter's Smokehouse going, please stop by and support her if you can!
Best BBQ in Colorado by Business Insider / Yelp.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds