Public forum on 60,61 and 101 in Fairplay on Oct. 5 -Flume

04 Oct 2010 18:32 #1 by Flume editor
mendment 60, Amendment 61 and Proposition 101, which will appear on the Nov. 2 ballot.

The forum, to be held on Tuesday, Oct. 5, at 6:30 p.m. at the South Park High School cafetorium at 501 Hathaway St. in Fairplay, will include an open discussion with a panel of public officials and special districts. The forum will look into the potential impact of those ballot items on the funding of Park County’s police and fire departments, schools, emergency response and other services.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Oct 2010 06:30 #2 by Let the Wildlife run PC
Hope there will be folks to speak for the other side... This sounds like a "convince the public to vote "no" meeting because these folks have the most to loose...

06 Oct 2010 11:38 #3 by Bailey Patriots
These "ANTI TAXPAYER" meetings are going on all over the state...
Conifer High School is having one TONIGHT Oct 6th!
Please!---attend one of these "propaganda fests" and ASSERT YOUR OPINION!!! TAXPAYERS---YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!

06 Oct 2010 18:59 #4 by RHT08
First of all I didn't think this impacts our schools. This just gives the Park County Govt and Fire more money to play with!!!

06 Oct 2010 19:19 #5 by ShilohLady
No, it doesn't directly impact the schools... districts have to roll back property taxes over the next ten years but the state has to replace that funding (where will the state get this from)??? It also repeals any previous voter-approved exemptions to TABOR and requires any future TABOR exemptions to have built-in expiration dates. I don't object to the expiration date thing but the first part.... think of it: say that a wealthy district voted to exempt the district from TABOR and increased school funding by some amount. If 60 passes, their local property taxes will gradually decrease but their increased school funding will stay the same with the rest of the state picking up the tab. Is this what you want??

07 Oct 2010 05:43 #6 by Let the Wildlife run PC
VOTE YES ON 60-61-101 DO NOT BELIEVE THE PROPAGANDA ON TV!!!!!! And our County makes plenty of money to run smoothly, we just have folks in there that don't have a clue on how to run a county, with or without a Jail!!!! DO NOT GIVE PARK COUNTY ANOTHER DIME FOR THEM TO FRIVILOUSLY WASTE!!!!!

07 Oct 2010 07:25 #7 by Let the Wildlife run PC
"I want tens of thousands more private-sector jobs in Colorado and that’s why I’m supporting Amendments 60 and 61 and Proposition 101.

Amendment 60 is a property tax reduction in response to former Referendum C and Amendment 23. Amendment 61 doesn’t reduce taxes, but instead is in response to government entities calling bonds and loans something else in order to circumvent the Colorado Constitution. And the statutory Proposition 101 is in response to an increase in vehicle registration fees. Knowing that governments will soon undo much of what these citizen initiatives require, each goes a little further than the problem they are designed to correct.

Since the passage of TABOR in 1992, Colorado state expenditures — after adjusting for population growth and inflation — have more than doubled. Most local governments have grown at an even greater rate. These initiatives would merely stop government revenue growth over the next 10 years.

Less taxes going to government means people have more money to spend. More revenue and less taxes means businesses have more money to hire more people. We need to vote “yes” on 60, 61 and 101 to create jobs in Colorado."

07 Oct 2010 07:33 #8 by HEARTLESS
If you even faintly believe the BS about 73,000 lost jobs, ask them how they arrived at this number. The numbers are based on out of control past spending being continued and assuming that all that have done business with the state government will go out of business, another ridiculous assumption. A yes vote puts the control back with the voters, where it belongs.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

07 Oct 2010 07:36 #9 by Let the Wildlife run PC
"Let me tell you How it will be. There's one for you, Nineteen for me,

'Cause I'm the taxman. Yeah, I'm the taxman.

Should five percent Appear too small, Be thankful I don't Take it all.

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street. If you drive to city, I'll tax your seat. If you get too cold, I'll tax the heat. If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.

Taxman!

Don't ask me what I want it for, If you don't want to pay some more.

And my advice to Those who die. (Taxman!) Declare the pennies On your eyes. (Taxman!)

'Cause I'm the taxman. Yeah, I'm the taxman, And you're working for no one but me." (Taxman!)
"Beatles"

(NO MAS!!!!!!)

07 Oct 2010 07:41 #10 by HEARTLESS

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds