Intoxicated minor at deputy party causes demotion - Flume

18 Mar 2011 13:02 - 24 Mar 2011 22:43 #1 by Flume editor
Sergeant Glenn Hardey with the Park County Sheriff's Office was demoted last week after an internal affairs investigation determined a minor was intoxicated at a New Year's party held at his home. Three other Sheriff's Office employees – Cindy Hardey, Mark Mithuen and Shane Larson – were given written reprimands for violation of the Sheriff's Office code of conduct. And Mithuen was replaced as the Platte Canyon School District's school resource officer. Details in this week's Flume.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Mar 2011 13:09 #2 by Pony Soldier
Amazing. If this had been civilians, the jail would have had more inhabitants.

21 Mar 2011 13:42 #3 by MamaRama
AMEN to that!! But you know the Jail is ALWAYS SOOOO CROWED!! rofllol rofllol

22 Mar 2011 06:21 #4 by V_A
The fat lady hasn't sung yet. If charges are not filed, then I agree everyone should be upset.

I wonder who talked about the party, was it another officer who broke the blue wall or a 3rd party?

Personally, I think the drinking age laws in the US are wrong and should follow European standards. However, my personal view doesn't change the fact we have a law and it was broken by officers paid to enforce our laws.

22 Mar 2011 09:25 #5 by Pony Soldier
I don't know all the facts with this case. Was the minor a child of one of the officers?

22 Mar 2011 18:52 #6 by ColoradoXprss
Clearly it is time for Park County Residents to STEP UP and STEP UP NOW, SPEAK UP and SPEAK UP LOUD....file those complaints with the appropriate individuals who CAN and WILL handle this situation in the manner specific to the regulations under the Code of Ethics, Human Resources and Post Certification Rules under which the Sheriff's office is obligated to follow by. Enough is enough...the resignations of Wegener, Gore and Hardy should be paramount at this juncture given that they clearly cannot manage nor run with integrity the Office in which they were chosen to perform as Public County Employees.

23 Mar 2011 09:25 #7 by Pony Soldier
You may have a point CE. The meted out punishments don't seem to fit with what I know has happened to private citizens charged with the same infractions. On the other hand, if the minor in question was a son or daughter of one of the officers, this is probably way overblown. It is probably a good idea to wait for and demand the facts of the case.

23 Mar 2011 12:03 #8 by V_A

towermonkey wrote: It is probably a good idea to wait for and demand the facts of the case.

:yeahthat:

30 Mar 2011 06:24 #9 by Let the Wildlife run PC
one child is 8, the other is 5... I sure hope they wern't there, then it would be a case for social services to look into... and none of the cops have children on the swim team, the article states "girls swim team". The Sergeant WAS their coach, and the SRO was the assistant coach... my gawd that just sounds so sick, kinda like the SRO officer in Aurora that was just arrested for taking photo's of young girls....

30 Mar 2011 07:23 #10 by V_A

Wake-up wrote: one child is 8, the other is 5... (which children are you talking about? the story is about a teenager who was intoxicated) I sure hope they wern't there, then it would be a case for social services to look into... (there is nothing illegal about parnets having a party at their home and the children being home, please tell us why you think this is an issue ) and none of the cops have children on the swim team, the article states "girls swim team". (what is your point, besides the coach doesn't have a child on the team? ) The Sergeant WAS their coach, and the SRO was the assistant coach... my gawd that just sounds so sick (what makes this sick?) , kinda like the SRO officer in Aurora that was just arrested for taking photo's of young girls....(trying to connect dissimilar events doesn't make them the same.

Wake-Up, your trying to use half truths and baseless accusations to try and make people believe that officers are molesting child. You're just as sick as any pedophile that molest children. Your actions are unacceptable.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds