Good Riddance Glenn Beck

06 Apr 2011 11:37 #1 by LadyJazzer

Glenn Beck leaving his FauxNews Channel Show
NEW YORK — Glenn Beck is leaving his Fox News Channel show later this year.

The network and Beck's company, Mercury Radio Arts, announced the departure on Wednesday. Fox and the company said they will work together to create other projects for Fox News television and digital.

Beck became a sensation almost immediately after jumping from HLN to Fox for an afternoon program. Lately his viewership has declined. He had faced an advertiser boycott that limited the amount of companies that wanted to be a part of his show after saying President Barack Obama had a "deep-seated hatred for white people."

Beck said that he "cannot repay (Fox News chief) Roger (Ailes) for the lessons I've learned and will continue to learn from him and I look forward to starting this new phase of our partnership."

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42456338/ ... rtainment/

Yes, the rest of us can't thank Roger Ailes enough for it either... rofllol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Apr 2011 12:05 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Good Riddance Glenn Beck
Interesting to see both Olberman and Beck out within months of each other.
One scenario has them both laying low until the 2012 election cycle. Or the Beck move might be more financially motivated, he will revamp his show but own it himself and sell the rights for Fox or someone else to broadcast it.
BTW, his ratings are down, but still very good for a cable broadcast and beat any MSNBC programming. Personally I thought his act grows tired quickly and only watched it for a week on my DVR.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Apr 2011 12:14 #3 by kresspin
Replied by kresspin on topic Good Riddance Glenn Beck
Same here.

The constant use of the blackboard was tiresome.

He could even become a preacher. He's been moving that direction.

Talk about a Messiah.

06 Apr 2011 13:01 #4 by Kate
Replied by Kate on topic Good Riddance Glenn Beck
Rest assured that Beck will pop up again somewhere soon. He's too well known and has too big of an ego to stay in obscurity.

06 Apr 2011 13:20 #5 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Good Riddance Glenn Beck

kresspin wrote: Same here.

The constant use of the blackboard was tiresome.

He could even become a preacher. He's been moving that direction.

Talk about a Messiah.

So you must have watched him on a fairly regular basis to be so tired of his blackboard? And Beck doesn't need to work another day in his life, unlike Olberman, Beck actually had an audience and still does on radio. His biggest accomplishment in my opinion was to raise the blood pressure on liberals and he forced them to waste time bitching about him. Very funny if you think about it.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Apr 2011 16:19 #6 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Good Riddance Glenn Beck
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

....Not to mention the Global Caliphate in ancient Babylon.....

06 Apr 2011 16:55 #7 by Rick
Well at least he's still on radio LJ, you don't have to change your signature yet. :biggrin:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Apr 2011 17:37 #8 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic Good Riddance Glenn Beck
Hey LJ...like Archer loves to say..."You are so damn predictable"!

06 Apr 2011 17:47 #9 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Good Riddance Glenn Beck
Jon Stewart is probably the most upset.

06 Apr 2011 19:34 #10 by Rick

jmc wrote: Jon Stewart is probably the most upset.

Oh theres plenty of good material in the White House and he's been using it more and more.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds