Study: U.S. has 4M 'gay' adults; 1.7% of populace

07 Apr 2011 11:13 #1 by outdoor338
SAN FRANCISCO - A California demographer has released a best guess of how many homosexual adults are in the U.S. (let us know SC)

Gary Gates puts the figure at 4 million adults, representing 1.7 percent of the 18-and-over population. That's much lower than the 3 to 5 percent that has been the conventional wisdom in the last two decades, based on other isolated studies. It's also a fraction of the figure put out by Alfred Kinsey, who said in the 1940s that 10 percent of the men he surveyed were "predominantly homosexual."

Gates has advised the Census Bureau. He's a demographer-in-residence at the Williams Institute on Sexual Orientation Law and Public Policy at the University of California, Los Angeles.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Defau ... id=1325374

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Apr 2011 11:28 #2 by kresspin
How many gay muslims are there in the US?

07 Apr 2011 11:32 #3 by FredHayek
I was surprised by those low numbers, especially with how low even one-time bisexual activity is. Personally the crew I run with is about 1 in 20. Maybe older closeted people skew the numbers?
So since they are so few in number, letting homosexuals marry should be fine and barely make a ripple, right? Same with the military. Didn't the DOD have different numbers when they were asked to estimate how many homosexuals they have in ranks.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Apr 2011 12:49 #4 by Martin Ent Inc
I don't care if people are homosexual or bi sexual or whatever.
What I hate is that they have to rub it in your face on the tube in the news blah blah, Who cares kepp it to yourself.

07 Apr 2011 12:50 #5 by Photo-fish
Washington Post says it is 9 million.

9 million Americans estimated to be gay or bisexual, but solid figures elusive

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/9-million-americans-estimated-to-be-gay-or-bisexual-but-solid-figures-elusive/2011/04/06/AFfvfJsC_story.html

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

07 Apr 2011 12:53 #6 by Martin Ent Inc
Backdoor #'s huh rofllol

07 Apr 2011 13:00 #7 by LadyJazzer
Wow... I wonder how many GAY illegal aliens?

Or, even worse--I wonder how many GAY illegal alien Muslims?!?!?! (God, THAT must keep Outdoor & RT up at night!!!)

rofllol :lol:

07 Apr 2011 13:02 #8 by Martin Ent Inc
gay illegal alien politicians, now there is a study that won't get funding.

07 Apr 2011 13:33 #9 by Cowboy
Lady, you are not happy unless you are putting some one down. I feel sorry for you in a way.

07 Apr 2011 13:40 #10 by LadyJazzer
I feel sorry for people that are so obsessed over "gay people." They have therapy for that...

And since it is in response to someone who can't make a single post without putting down someone else, .... pot / kettle / black...

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds