Posting emails

11 Jun 2010 21:10 #11 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Posting emails

Seems like really, really bad taste to me.

You lost me on that one - could you explain further?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jun 2010 22:37 #12 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Posting emails

jf1acai wrote: I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but I <stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

12 Jun 2010 04:38 #13 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Posting emails
Posting personal e-mails between individuals is a question of character and intent. I'd prefer not to post heated personal e-mails someone even if they were being tow faced or dishonest.

Posting personal e-mail of public officials is an entirely different matter. If they represent us or performa service for us, we have a right to know what they are dong. I'd want to know if they are lying to me by saying or doing one thing in public and a completely opposite thing under cover. Unless you see that officials full character, there is no way of evaluating whether or not I want to support him in that position with my tax dollars.

Posting information that has specific confidentiality statements attached to them is tabu.

12 Jun 2010 08:19 #14 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Posting emails
I agree, its probably a bad example, public officials are free game generally, as long as the info is legally in your hands. The question was more general. I think private emails are way different, I would not assume it is so clear. There are slander and defamation laws, though hard to win in court. Revealing someones email address or other private info on a public forum may be an issue with TOS and privacy too. Disclaimer, I am not a lawyer, but I did watch alot of episodes of Perry Mason many years ago! :) And I am not worried about my own emails, most would be incredibly boring to the avg. person.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

12 Jun 2010 08:22 #15 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Posting emails
Agree, Joe,I don't think putting private info or emails would be allowed. Public officials discussing campaign issues seems like fair game.

12 Jun 2010 08:38 #16 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Posting emails
I also agree with Joe.
I think posting a personal email as a tool to seek revenge and such is as Aspenvalley said....in poor taste.
Public Officials...not poor taste. That is more about transparency.
One thing I would like to add is that Sheriff Fred used his Park County Sheriff address to send this correspondence and I believe that is against the law and election codes.
I don't know about anyone else but I would appreciate my current Sheriff working within the framework of the law.

12 Jun 2010 08:53 #17 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Posting emails

Becky wrote: I also agree with Joe.
<snip>
I don't know about anyone else but I would appreciate my current Sheriff working within the framework of the law.

Now that is a ridiculous statement. Why should that be? :wink:

12 Jun 2010 08:55 #18 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Posting emails
hahahaha

12 Jun 2010 11:47 - 23 Jun 2013 10:04 #19 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Posting emails

Regards,
Major Bean

12 Jun 2010 12:25 #20 by Ronbo
Replied by Ronbo on topic Posting emails

Becky wrote: I also agree with Joe.
I think posting a personal email as a tool to seek revenge and such is as Aspenvalley said....in poor taste.
Public Officials...not poor taste. That is more about transparency.
One thing I would like to add is that Sheriff Fred used his Park County Sheriff address to send this correspondence and I believe that is against the law and election codes.

Now that is really funny! :rofl

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds