What kind of handgun are you?

14 Apr 2011 15:00 #71 by Nmysys

I am not necessarily anti-gun but I am against the glorification of guns and their use. Killing is wrong even if it is sometimes necessary. There should be more remorse and regret and less I love my gun stuff. I feel about it the way Atticus Finch did in To Kill a Mockingbird.

Eddie:

Thanks for the honest reply, it is noted by all. Let me assure you that most of us aren't glorifying guns as much as stating how much we are for our 2nd Amendment Rights.

This thread followed closely the thread on Abortion. May I ask how you feel about that issue? Do you consider Abortion in the same context?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Apr 2011 16:13 #72 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic What kind of handgun are you?
It is about exercising and protecting our 2nd Amendmend rights which are constantly threatened, under attack and over-regulated. I'm not in love with my guns but I do love the fact that at least for now, I have the right to own them and I have the skills and knowledge to protect myself.

Did you read about the kidnapping at the Cherry Creek Mall and the assault at DIA? If criminals thought more of us carried they might think twice about assaulting us.

So I celebrate the 2nd Amendment. No remorse here. :fwave:

14 Apr 2011 17:04 #73 by Martin Ent Inc
Those that don't/want to carry, are victims. They think a cop is gonna save them.
My family All has CCW permits and like they say we will go down fighting instead of being a news flash.

14 Apr 2011 17:49 #74 by BearMtnHIB

EddieWess wrote:

Nmysys wrote: Not trying to argue Eddie, but may I ask why you liked that so much? I'm assuming that it is because CG is a woman, but it may very well be that you are anti-gun. That is all I am trying to determine.

I am not necessarily anti-gun but I am against the glorification of guns and their use. Killing is wrong even if it is sometimes necessary. There should be more remorse and regret and less I love my gun stuff. I feel about it the way Atticus Finch did in To Kill a Mockingbird.

I can see where the poster is coming from....BUT....

I tend to feel more like this about guns;

Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The church, the plow, the prairie wagon and citizen's firearms are indelibly related. From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. Every corner of this land knows firearms, and more than 99 99/100 percent of them by their silence indicate they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good. When firearms go, all goes— we need them every hour.

George Washington-
Address to the Second Session of the First U.S. Congress; Speech to Congress of January 7, 1790, printed in the Boston Independent Chronicle, January 14, 1790

So I celebrate the 2nd Amendment. No remorse here either- or apologies!

14 Apr 2011 18:02 #75 by Martin Ent Inc
Yup

Been cut and shot, NO fun. So those that don't think it will happen are in the dark.

14 Apr 2011 18:08 #76 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic What kind of handgun are you?

BearMtnHIB wrote:

EddieWess wrote:

Nmysys wrote: Not trying to argue Eddie, but may I ask why you liked that so much? I'm assuming that it is because CG is a woman, but it may very well be that you are anti-gun. That is all I am trying to determine.

I can see where the poster is coming from....BUT....

I tend to feel more like this about guns;

Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The church, the plow, the prairie wagon and citizen's firearms are indelibly related. From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. Every corner of this land knows firearms, and more than 99 99/100 percent of them by their silence indicate they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good. When firearms go, all goes— we need them every hour.

George Washington-
Address to the Second Session of the First U.S. Congress; Speech to Congress of January 7, 1790, printed in the Boston Independent Chronicle, January 14, 1790

So I celebrate the 2nd Amendment. No remorse here either- or apologies!

Absolutely! :thumbsup:

15 Apr 2011 05:46 #77 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic What kind of handgun are you?

EddieWess wrote:

"KILLING is not wrong!"
Bet you've killed a few insects. If somebody (God Forbid) would harm/kill somebody you loved I’ll bet your VERY 1st thought would be “I’ll KILL ‘EM!” than you’d calm down, and say, ”I want him/her to stay in jail until he/she is dead?” I say why wait, I’ll take the sob/dob out if nobody else does. Look at all the slime balls, living high on the hog in jail, (except in AZ.) They’re still getting killed, drugs, TV, whatever they want 3 squares, and
Roof over their head, and it’s all on OUR dime.
Change topic somewhat…
You love your guitar correct?, it's a tool correct?, it brings you pleasure correct? and you would be really bummed if the government banned guitars, correct? Did you have to go through a background check to get it?, Did you have to obey numerous regulations & laws to Carry it around? NO, yet I bet you I could kill you with that same guitar shouldn't we license guitars? It would be easier with my tool-man or my buck knife, but we don’t have regulations on those tools. Most domestic fight stabbings, are kitchen items, should we put all of them on regulations.
ALL THESE ITEMS ARE TOOLS, Why should we single out & regulate one tool, and NOT all the others?

15 Apr 2011 09:08 #78 by The Viking
It's what I carry most of the time so I guess it works.

Glock Model 22 in 40 cal!

15 Apr 2011 09:22 #79 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic What kind of handgun are you?
:thumbsup:

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds