Obamas Paid $453K in Taxes

18 Apr 2011 14:51 #1 by Nmysys
If only everything else was as transparent. This was released properly, why not the B.C. and School Records, etc.?
Obamas Earned $1.7M in 2010, Tax Report Shows, Paid, $453K in Federal Taxes

Published April 18, 2011

| Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, reported income of $1.728 million for last year, much of it from the sale of the president's pre-presidency books. They paid federal taxes totaling $453,770 after receiving a $12,334 refund.

The Obamas paid their taxes at lowered Bush-era rates, even as he campaigns to end them for households with adjusted gross incomes above $250,000 -- a category into which the first family clearly fits.

Joining the flocks of Americans filing their taxes near the end of the federal filing period, the Obamas made withholding and other payments to the Internal Revenue Service last year totaling $466,104. That was an overpayment, so they got their refund. The president and first lady reported donating $245,075 -- about 14.2 percent of their adjusted gross income -- to 36 different charities.

Read more:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/18/obamas-earned-17m-2010-tax-report-shows-paid-453k-federal-taxes/#ixzz1JuTlukkX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Apr 2011 14:55 #2 by Martin Ent Inc
Gee that figure they claimed is down from what they made in previous years by about half.

Maybe alot of deductions, I mean you know golfing, vactions er I mean Business trips all Deductable stuff.

18 Apr 2011 14:57 #3 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Obamas Paid $453K in Taxes
Can they deduct what the taxpayers are paying for?

18 Apr 2011 15:01 #4 by LadyJazzer
Perhaps you should ask the Bushes.... I mean all those vacations and business trips DO add up with all that deductible stuff and all...

18 Apr 2011 15:11 #5 by Martin Ent Inc
I think an audit is needed, I mean when you reported income drops that much there is something stinky going on.

18 Apr 2011 15:21 #6 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Obamas Paid $453K in Taxes
Since most of his income is from book sales, the longer the book has been in print the fewer sales there are.
Interesting that the president is willing to pay higher taxes, even fights for that, but the middle class conservatives are the ones saying he shouldn't.

18 Apr 2011 15:24 #7 by Nmysys
You mean when he no longer will have to because his book won't be selling any longer and only the Rich ones will have to pay higher taxes. Yes, it is interesting.

Of course he could set an example and voluntarily pay more, couldn't he??

18 Apr 2011 15:35 #8 by Wicked
Replied by Wicked on topic Obamas Paid $453K in Taxes

Martin Ent Inc wrote: I think an audit is needed, I mean when you reported income drops that much there is something stinky going on.

Seriously? Dude, look it up before making a statement like this. In this link are the scanned tax returns for this year and last
Of the Obamas’ income, nearly $400,000 was from his salary as president. Their $1.7 million adjusted gross income was down from $5.5 million in 2009 and $2.7 million in 2008. In those years, too, royalties from his first two books accounted for the bulk of the earnings.
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011 ... come-down/
The link's right there on the $5.5 million figure for the scanned Tax form - income from business is most of that amount, not salary. Oh, and the deductions are there too...

We'll hold this line until Hell freezes over --Then we'll hold it on ice skates.-Anonymous picket sign

Couldn’t, wouldn’t, mustn’t, shouldn’t – these are the laments of the spineless. –Bette Davis

Feminist. We Just Call Out Bulls**t Where We See It.

18 Apr 2011 15:48 #9 by Martin Ent Inc
Another person that takes seriously everything.

18 Apr 2011 15:52 #10 by Nmysys
At least she has an interesting Avatar. Nice legs!!

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds