U.N. Debate Earth to Have Human Rights Status

23 Apr 2011 07:15 #11 by Nmysys
Kresspin:

Can you provide an actual Certified verifiable one?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Apr 2011 07:17 #12 by AspenValley
It never ceases to amaze me that people who can uncritically accept such far-fetched ideas as the Rapture, or dinosaurs co-existing with humans, or Voodoo Economics, or Obama being a secret Mao-Mao terrorist sympathizer, turn into militant skeptics of anything that has actual evidence behind it.

23 Apr 2011 07:24 #13 by Nmysys
I want to point out that the Birther problem started with the Democrats vis-a-vis the Hillary Clinton camp.

Birtherism: Where it all began

Just when it appeared that public interest was fading, celebrity developer Donald Trump has revived the theory that President Barack Obama was born overseas and helped expose the depth to which the notion has taken root—a New York Times poll Thursday found that a plurality of Republicans believe it.

If you haven’t been trolling the fever swamps of online conspiracy sites or opening those emails from Uncle Larry, you may well wonder: Where did this idea come from? Who started it? And is there a grain of truth there?

POLITICO 44

The answer lies in Democratic, not Republican politics, and in the bitter, exhausting spring of 2008. At the time, the Democratic presidential primary was slipping away from Hillary Clinton and some of her most passionate supporters grasped for something, anything that would deal a final reversal to Barack Obama.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/53563.html#ixzz1KLtij1n5

23 Apr 2011 11:26 #14 by major bean
The countries of the world just want to pillage the U.S. It is quite a unique way of conducting war, but still retains the characteristics of rape, plunder, and pillage.

Regards,
Major Bean

30 Apr 2011 10:47 #15 by Wicked

Nmysys wrote: Wicked:

Are you teasing me with more nice legs? LOL

I have read a great number of books on the subject of Global Warming, before and after I read them, I then check on the author, and I have come to basically the same conclusions that TPP has so well put forth above.

Yes! :wink:

Out of curiosity, which ones? Is it all the denier books, or the scientists books too? Cuz if ur only reading the denier books, then you aren't getting the facts, just the spin. Have you read the IPCC report? Any scientific papers? Scientists blogs?

Oh, and TPP, the quote is "Just remember you are unique, like everyone else!" :thumbsup:
How can we expect to force anyone (that's a laugh, the US has little power anymore) to do what we say, not as we do? We've put more CO2 into the atmosphere over the last 150 years than anyone else combined! Until we start acting like leaders, not just huffing and puffing and bossing everyone around like a shrewish mother, than we'll get nowhere.

We'll hold this line until Hell freezes over --Then we'll hold it on ice skates.-Anonymous picket sign

Couldn’t, wouldn’t, mustn’t, shouldn’t – these are the laments of the spineless. –Bette Davis

Feminist. We Just Call Out Bulls**t Where We See It.

30 Apr 2011 10:53 #16 by Residenttroll returns
I believe this is a GREAT IDEA! Let's give Mother Earth human rights.....

and then arrest her terrorist @$$ for killing the Americans with tornadoes....send her to Gitmo.....and then try her in a war crimes court in the Hague...and then the social injustice that Mother Earth creates with storms can be equalized.... the people effected could join a class action suit too...

In fact, I think she's racist.... she killed lots of blacks and women in Alabama....a disproportional amount to white males.

30 Apr 2011 11:05 #17 by Wicked
Dude, she's gonna start killing people all over the world with no regard to race, creed, color, sexual, or religious orientation. And she's not to blame, we are. We can't control our insatiable thirst for easy energy, mass land destruction in the name of "progress", and wholesale killing of hundreds of species a year. The repercussions are in progress - You obviously don't see it yet, but it's coming...

We'll hold this line until Hell freezes over --Then we'll hold it on ice skates.-Anonymous picket sign

Couldn’t, wouldn’t, mustn’t, shouldn’t – these are the laments of the spineless. –Bette Davis

Feminist. We Just Call Out Bulls**t Where We See It.

30 Apr 2011 11:08 #18 by Residenttroll returns

Wicked wrote: Dude, she's gonna start killing people all over the world with no regard to race, creed, color, sexual, or religious orientation. And she's not to blame, we are. We can't control our insatiable thirst for easy energy, mass land destruction in the name of "progress", and wholesale killing of hundreds of species a year. The repercussions are in progress - You obviously don't see it yet, but it's coming...

Yeah Wicked, I know ... Mother Earth is pissed and is finally getting revenge.... these events are just now starting to happen...they never happened before.... RUN ... I tell you RUN... Mother Earth is a terrorist.

Yeah, she was pissed in the 1800 and 1700 because man was harming her by burning fire wood and pooping in outhouses....

RUN, I say RUN!

Yeah, she was pissed in the 1800's when the Donner Party went over Donner Pass.... she snowed them in because he was pissed at them trying to better their lives and mine gold.

RUN, I say RUN!

When the flooding on the western slope begins next month... RUN...I say RUN....because Mother Earth is pissed that we are packing snow on her hills, constructing ski lifts, ski condos and skiing down her hills.... I SAY RUN!

When the forest fires begin in the mountains of Colorado this summer... RUN...I say RUN...because Mother Earth is pissed because people are camping, hiking, ATVing, and fishing in her mountains.... RUN!

30 Apr 2011 14:02 #19 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic U.N. Debate Earth to Have Human Rights Status

Wicked wrote: Dude, she's gonna start killing people all over the world with no regard to race, creed, color, sexual, or religious orientation. And she's not to blame, we are. We can't control our insatiable thirst for easy energy, mass land destruction in the name of "progress", and wholesale killing of hundreds of species a year. The repercussions are in progress - You obviously don't see it yet, but it's coming...

Hey RT...how does that new slogan of yours go? Sustainability of stupidity - yeah that's it!! I'd say this qualifies!

I'll bet Wicked also supports "carbon offsetting" and pays into it voluntarily!! rofllol rofllol rofllol

30 Apr 2011 15:54 #20 by Residenttroll returns

Trouble wrote:

Hey RT...how does that new slogan of yours go? Sustainability of stupidity - yeah that's it!! I'd say this qualifies!

I'll bet Wicked also supports "carbon offsetting" and pays into it voluntarily!! rofllol rofllol rofllol

rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol My side is hurting... stop it...Trouble!

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds