Obama Is Now The Biggest Tax Cutter In American History!

19 Apr 2011 18:23 #1 by kresspin
Beneath all of the Republican and Tea Party grumbling about taxes, one key fact continues to be ignored. According to the Tax Policy Center, Federal taxes are lower than at any time since 1955. Obama has now reduced taxes by more than any president since Dwight D. Eisenhower.

According to the Orange County Register, “For the past two years, a family of four earning the median income has paid less in federal income taxes than at any time since at least 1955, according to the Tax Policy Center. All federal, state and local taxes combined are a lower percentage of per-capita income than at any time since the 1960s, according to the Tax Foundation. The highest income-tax bracket is its lowest since 1992. At 35 percent, it’s well below the 50 percent mark of much of the 1980s and the 70 percent bracket of the 1970s.”

According to a 2010 CBS News/New York Times Poll, only 12% of Americans knew that Obama has lowered taxes. 53% thought that he kept taxes the same, and 24% believed that Obama has raised taxes.

Not surprisingly, only 2% of Tea Party supporters knew that Obama had lowered taxes. 44% of them thought that the President has raised their taxes.

http://www.politicususa.com/en/obama-great-tax-cutter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Apr 2011 19:27 #2 by Cowboy
Drink more :Koolaid: you must be on some sort of goverment aid, if you work for a living and have the pay stubs from the last three years to compare, you would see TAXES have gone up. Thats an increase just in case you do not know which way is up ^^^^^^^. Or maybe its just mine, maybe I'm one of those targeted super rich evil bast*#!.
Oh well back to work I have to pay for some more welfare.....

19 Apr 2011 19:46 #3 by Martin Ent Inc
course there down when people ain't got a job then they ain't/can't pay.

And that stuff the news media is smoking is provided by: The Democratic Party blowing it up our asses because We Need it.

19 Apr 2011 20:37 #4 by navycpo7
So then why am I paying 76 dollars more in taxes than last year. Guess mine went up cause obama lowered taxes right!!!!!

20 Apr 2011 07:46 #5 by FredHayek
I am guessing your experts are counting the Earned Income Tax Credit which gives people their taxes back plus more. Plus eliminating 45% of people from paying federal taxes also help skew the numbers to make Obama look like the tax cut king.
And realize this, Obama is just signing the bill, last I saw Barack on tax legislation, he wanted to bring back the Clinton tax increases but caved into the Republicans in the house. So does that really make him a tax cutter if he is signing into law lower taxes with his other arm pinned behind his back?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Apr 2011 08:02 #6 by LadyJazzer
It's time for the Bush tax-cuts to expire... Even Greenspan says so...

20 Apr 2011 08:02 #7 by Nmysys

20 Apr 2011 08:06 #8 by outdoor338
The people say no! We can't afford this president any longer...2012, bye, bye, Lib's. Cut the spending, not raise taxes!

20 Apr 2011 08:36 #9 by BearMtnHIB
I paid about $3,500 more in federal taxes this year than last year.

About $800 more in state taxes.

And untold more in local fees for things like car registration.

I just got done writing the checks.

My taxes have gone up. I don't know where this information is coming from- but it's costing me a whole lot more in cost of living this year than last- and that is also a "tax". Inflation is a hidden tax we all pay - due to the feds money policy.

20 Apr 2011 09:04 #10 by LadyJazzer
"Local fees" for things like car registration have nothing to do with Federal taxes... And you know it... So, at least try to whine about something that is apples-and-apples.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds