On being liberal

21 Apr 2011 14:12 #11 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic On being liberal
No he wouldn't Be a Republican either because the Republican party has changed as well. Instead of being invested in maintaining a stable economy that benefits and preservesthe middle class they've become stooges of the banks, Wall Street and big Pharma. Instead of embracing knowledge and scientific advancement they indulge in magical thinking. Instead of seeking a strict policy of seperation of church and state they've allowed the evangelical right to prescribe policy. Instead of maintaing a strong military to protect the US they've endorsed a corporate military hybrid that seeks profits over security. i don't see many real conservatives anymore, just like I don't see many liberals that fit JFKs description. ( actually even JFK didn't fit JFKs description)

Arrgh-posting problems! I still haven't gotten the hang of this Ipad keyboard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Apr 2011 14:18 #12 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic On being liberal
:yeahthat:

21 Apr 2011 14:19 #13 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic On being liberal
Chicaree:

It sounds to me that you are a perfect candidate for getting involved with the 285 Corridor Tea Party Group. What you have said is exactly why just about everyone in the group joined in. We were upset with both parties. BTW FYI we have a meeting this evening at Beaver Ranch and our guest speaker is Congressman Mike Coffman. You might find that though he is our guest, he might very well be grilled by people in the audience due to a recent vote of his.

21 Apr 2011 14:30 #14 by chickaree
Thanks for the invite, but I doubt it. I don't buy into the birther nonsense, i don't think tossing seniors to the sharks via Medicare vouchers is a good idea and I don't deny clear scientific evidence because it might cost a company money. I don't think health care or the enviroment should be partisan issues. I'm not a party line type of lady.

21 Apr 2011 14:33 #15 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic On being liberal
:like:

21 Apr 2011 14:40 #16 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic On being liberal
Both parties have MAJOR problems and if anyone here can tell me why one party is better than the other, I guarantee I can rebut that opinion easily. It's become a blame game and very few have the huevos to make the tough decisions that will get us out of debt without crushing the economy in the process.

Say what you will about the Tea Party, but it was formed because of the lack of leadership on both sides and it will greatly influence the next election. I think there is a good chance it may hurt Republicans but I don't believe it will just fade away....it may take one more Obama term for those on the fence to wake up and realize they have been had.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Apr 2011 14:40 #17 by daisypusher
Replied by daisypusher on topic On being liberal
JFK wanted to do away the Federal Reserve. The banks may not be in control if he was in charge.

21 Apr 2011 14:47 #18 by chickaree
The very name I have issues with. Right now we all have to suck it up to pay off this deficit. That means some taxes will have to be raised. To continue to whimper for more tax cuts is unrealistic. We can't cut our way out of this,and pretending we can is just as childish as pretending we can subsize every unemployed deadbeat without ramifications.

21 Apr 2011 14:47 #19 by BearMtnHIB
Replied by BearMtnHIB on topic On being liberal

chickaree wrote: Thanks for the invite, but I doubt it. I don't buy into the birther nonsense, i don't think tossing seniors to the sharks via Medicare vouchers is a good idea and I don't deny clear scientific evidence because it might cost a company money. I don't think health care or the enviroment should be partisan issues. I'm not a party line type of lady.

In other words - just another liberal.

21 Apr 2011 14:49 #20 by chickaree

BearMtnHIB wrote:

chickaree wrote: Thanks for the invite, but I doubt it. I don't buy into the birther nonsense, i don't think tossing seniors to the sharks via Medicare vouchers is a good idea and I don't deny clear scientific evidence because it might cost a company money. I don't think health care or the enviroment should be partisan issues. I'm not a party line type of lady.

In other words - just another liberal.

Case in point. No critical thinking allowed. Just brainless echoing of Sean Hannity without question. God gave me a brain to use- most Republicans today seem to prefer to sit on theirs.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds