On being liberal

21 Apr 2011 14:51 #21 by BearMtnHIB
Replied by BearMtnHIB on topic On being liberal

chickaree wrote: The very name I have issues with. Right now we all have to suck it up to pay off this deficit. That means some taxes will have to be raised. To continue to whimper for more tax cuts is unrealistic. We can't cut our way out of this,and pretending we can is just as childish as pretending we can subsize every unemployed deadbeat without ramifications.

More taxes right now will crush any whiff of a recovery- and send us back into a serious recession. That's just a fact. Our economy can not handel the government sucking any more out of it.

Those on the left who think they can tax us into recovery are delusional.

Government growing uncontrolled is what got us into this mess.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Apr 2011 14:53 #22 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic On being liberal
You don't take a paycut when you are in debt. You get a second job.

21 Apr 2011 15:00 #23 by BearMtnHIB
Replied by BearMtnHIB on topic On being liberal
You cut spending. Somthing they have yet to do ANY of at all.

Any more taxes at this point will result in less savings, less investment, less jobs, less economic activity.

And that's a fact.

21 Apr 2011 15:07 #24 by chickaree
I agree more taxes on the middle class would be a mistake- those earing $200,000+ however are still doing very well and could afford to sacrifice more. Our tax system is a mess. Too many loopholes only the wealthy can take advantage of. Small businesses are the engines of our economy. Right now banks won't loan to them even though the government is giving them money for nothing.

21 Apr 2011 16:16 #25 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic On being liberal
And checks for free....

21 Apr 2011 18:34 #26 by kresspin
Replied by kresspin on topic On being liberal

outdoor338 wrote: JFK, would hate the democratic party as it stands today, I'm sure when teddy went through the pearly gates, his brother john beat the crap out of him. Different time LH, you gotta agree to that! I would have voted for JFK over Clinton, and Obama, even over John M..jmtcw

Not only to you predict election outcomes years in advance, you read the minds of long dead people. I'm impressed.

21 Apr 2011 19:28 #27 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic On being liberal

BearMtnHIB wrote: More taxes right now will crush any whiff of a recovery- and send us back into a serious recession. That's just a fact. Our economy can not handel the government sucking any more out of it.

Hmmm, let's just take this one at a time.

More taxes right now will crush any whiff of a recovery.

More taxes for who, exactly? I'd agree that higher taxes on those who spend 90-110% of their incomes just to keep a roof over their head, food on the table, and shoes on their kids feet would be fatal to a recoery. I'd probably also agree that those earning up to 250% of that level would probably cut back on consumer spending if their taxes bit in more deeply. But people making more than that? Nah. And since consumer spending drives about 80% of our economy....

Aside from the fact that I don't know of One.Single.Person. suggesting we can "tax us into recovery"....I'm again going to ask....who is "us"? You and me and probably 99% of people reading this forum? Because the only people suggesting higher taxes on the vast majorty of us are...sorry...Republicans.

Really.

So you people say. Over and over and over and over.

As though saying it over and over and over makes it true.

But does it make it true?

Did decent middle class jobs go overseas because of government growing uncontrolled?

Did the freaking bastards who run Wall Street rob the middle class of their home equity and pensions because of government growing uncontrolled?

Did the same freaking bastards who have shifted the tax burdens off of themselves and onto the middle class do so because of government growing uncontrolled?

I know, silly me, it's just so much easier to think every problem we have in this country is because of GOVERNMENT GROWING UNCONTROLLED!!!!

22 Apr 2011 21:03 #28 by kresspin
Replied by kresspin on topic On being liberal
<crickets chirping> No reply to this well thought out post.

22 Apr 2011 22:53 #29 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic On being liberal

kresspin wrote: <crickets chirping> No reply to this well thought out post.

ut
LOL. In other words you live in the same echo chamber.

Did decent middle class jobs go overseas because of government growing uncontrolled?

In part because uncontrolled gov. has raised the cost of doing busness here.

Did the freaking bastards who run Wall Street rob the middle class of their home equity and pensions because of government growing uncontrolled?

Yes, because the uncontrolled gov. regulated it and then bailed them out with our $.

Did the same freaking bastards who have shifted the tax burdens off of themselves and onto the middle class do so because of government growing uncontrolled?

The freaking bastards do not mandate tax burdens, the out of control gov does.

22 Apr 2011 23:01 #30 by chickaree
Oh come on. Jobs went overseas because of free trade agreements. They won't come back until Americans feel $2 a day is a fair wage. The Wall Street bastards trashed our economy because they could. They are no different than the Somalian pirates, just better dressed. The freakin bastards are telling our government what to do because we are not. You want someone to blame? Look in the mirror-every one of us. We blame the guy on the other side while making excuses for the guys on our side. Voting for the " lesser of two evils ". Bullsh*t.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds