On being liberal

23 Apr 2011 08:50 #31 by daisypusher
Replied by daisypusher on topic On being liberal
And have not voted or the lesser of two evils for decades. And it was the government that passed the free trade agreements.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Apr 2011 08:52 #32 by Nobody that matters

chickaree wrote: Voting for the " lesser of two evils ". Bulls**t.

There hasn't been a decent conservative candidate to vote for in ages. Until there is one, or until they put 'none of the above', I'll be forced to continue voting for the lesser of two evils.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

23 Apr 2011 09:00 #33 by kresspin
Replied by kresspin on topic On being liberal
I don't think it's the "lesser of evils" so much as "the best candidate from the choices I'm given at this time."

All of the candidates for President area Americans, so I wouldn't consider any of them an "evil" choice.

While the right wing fringe wails about how Obama is getting us into a "third war," I note that the former Republican presidential nominee actually went to Libya to support the insurgents. So, in that respect, I don't think voting for McCain over Obama would have changed our involvement one bit. Perhaps McCain might even have gotten more involved militarily, since he felt passionate enough about it to make a trip to Libya to show support for the insurgents.

Likewise, I don't think voting for McCain over Obama would have changed the bailouts. The only thing that would be different is no health care reform. But, if Romney is selected as the Republican nominee, he might also support it, given what he did as governor in his state.

23 Apr 2011 09:37 #34 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic On being liberal

kresspin wrote:

outdoor338 wrote: JFK, would hate the democratic party as it stands today, I'm sure when teddy went through the pearly gates, his brother john beat the crap out of him. Different time LH, you gotta agree to that! I would have voted for JFK over Clinton, and Obama, even over John M..jmtcw

Not only to you predict election outcomes years in advance, you read the minds of long dead people. I'm impressed.

Sorry kresspin, I would have responded sooner, but our family was evacuated due to the Myers ranch fire..

Mind reading? Please stop drinking your :Koolaid: must be a slow day for you, is your Jerry Springer show over? Carry on!

23 Apr 2011 10:46 #35 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic On being liberal

kresspin wrote: I don't think it's the "lesser of evils" so much as "the best candidate from the choices I'm given at this time."

All of the candidates for President area Americans, so I wouldn't consider any of them an "evil" choice.

While the right wing fringe wails about how Obama is getting us into a "third war," I note that the former Republican presidential nominee actually went to Libya to support the insurgents. So, in that respect, I don't think voting for McCain over Obama would have changed our involvement one bit. Perhaps McCain might even have gotten more involved militarily, since he felt passionate enough about it to make a trip to Libya to show support for the insurgents.

Likewise, I don't think voting for McCain over Obama would have changed the bailouts. The only thing that would be different is no health care reform. But, if Romney is selected as the Republican nominee, he might also support it, given what he did as governor in his state.

I doubt if Romney would support the healthcare law as it stands. He has made statements to the effect that healthcare laws can be made by a state government but it is unconstitutional for the federal government to make these types of sweeping laws.

23 Apr 2011 10:57 #36 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic On being liberal
Liberals say "We need to give the workers' money away to those who are too lazy to provide for themselves!"
Then they say "We don't have enough money to pay for all of the 'necessary' programs for our great society."
Then they say "The only thing that we can do is take more money from those who have a job to pay for our programs".
Then they say "Hey, we now have more money in our coffers so we need to give more of it away!"
Then they say "We don't have enough money to pay for all of our new programs"
Then they say "The only thing that we can do is..............................."

Liberals are those who benefit from stealing from the people with jobs. And they loathe themselves for it.

Regards,
Major Bean

23 Apr 2011 21:20 #37 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic On being liberal
Feel better?

23 Apr 2011 22:39 #38 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic On being liberal
There's your problem right there. There is no "they"- only we. When you and your wife or xhild disagree to you declare war on them? I disagree with many of my fellow citizens politically, both left and right. They are still my fellow citizens and their voice, their views are equal to my own under the Constitution of the United States of America.

23 Apr 2011 23:09 #39 by Nobody that matters

chickaree wrote: There's your problem right there. There is no "they"- only we. When you and your wife or xhild disagree to you declare war on them? I disagree with many of my fellow citizens politically, both left and right. They are still my fellow citizens and their voice, their views are equal to my own under the Constitution of the United States of America.

But they can't be us because they are wrong and we are right. To lump them in with us would dilute our ability to stay on the side of right (as in right and wrong, not right and left or write and erase). All of us can't be us because then there would be no them for us to rally against. We'd all wander around looking for an adversary, and finding none there would be no conflict. With no conflict there is no need to think. Then, according to Descartes, we would simply cease to be.

They need us as much as we need them, but they will never be as right (again, right and wrong, not right and left, or Wilber and Orville) as us.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

24 Apr 2011 12:28 #40 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic On being liberal
Only Liberals say those things, eh?

Ahh, the generalizations - 90 year olds and cripples thank you for telling them they are too lazy to work. And yes, I am taking it that way - those were your words as you ascribed them to others who never said them.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds