Firm hired to defend DOMA in court calls it quits

25 Apr 2011 14:29 #11 by FredHayek
If taxpayer dollars created jobs, we should be at full employment with all the debt Pelosi, Reid, & Obama saddled us with. 1.5 trillion, this year?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Apr 2011 14:50 #12 by LadyJazzer
But the GOP promised jobs, jobs, jobs... They're in control now... All they've done is pass crap about abortion and gay-marriage...

Where are the jobs the GOP promised?

25 Apr 2011 15:32 #13 by Blazer Bob

AspenValley wrote: [But I don't expect that most people will be better off in 3 more years, or even 8 more years. What's wrong with the economy isn't just a little bump in the road. And maybe not even entirely fixable, EVER. But I'm not seeing any politician of any stripe even willing to talk about that fact. The deficit is a symptom, not the cause.

So, what is it a symptom of?

Feel free to start this in another thread since this one is pretty contaminated.

26 Apr 2011 10:14 #14 by FredHayek
The lead lawyer on this case has moved it to another firm, one willing to take on the case.
It will be interesting to see how the Supremes rule on this. Personaly I support homosexual marriage, but I am a libertarian and would even support polygamy.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Apr 2011 10:24 #15 by LadyJazzer
I still wonder what Boehner is doing paying $500,000 to pursue something out of public funds that is a political loser....

26 Apr 2011 11:10 #16 by outdoor338
Judge's relationship at issue in Prop. 8 case
Prop. 8 proponents and their attorneys have filed a motion seeking to vacate Chief U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker's historic ruling striking down the ban on "gay marriage." They say their motion was prompted by the now-retired jurist's recent disclosure that he is in a long-term relationship with another man.

26 Apr 2011 11:28 #17 by archer
If the judges sexuality is an issue in such a case then he will need to be a eunich.....being straight would be just as prejudicial as being gay.

26 Apr 2011 13:44 #18 by outdoor338
really, facts please! The issue is about a gay judge...enlighten us archer!

26 Apr 2011 14:21 #19 by archer
yeah....the issue IS about gay judge........why is there even an issue? What does the judges sexual preference have to do with being an impartial judge? I am simply trying to understand why this ever became an issue....it make no sense to me, perhaps you can enlighten me.

26 Apr 2011 14:29 #20 by outdoor338
I hardly think he is impartial...Its the fox guarding the hen house...if that's the case, why do you libs scream if a republican nominates a pro-life judge to the supreme court, explain please?

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds