Firm hired to defend DOMA in court calls it quits

26 Apr 2011 14:38 #21 by archer
If the gay judge isn't impartial then what makes you think a straight judge is impartial? Thats why I posted above that the judge would need to be a eunich to be considered impartial in this case by both sides. You don't think that if they changed to a straight judge, and he/she ruled differently, the gay community wouldn't have the same right to scream "bias"?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Apr 2011 14:40 #22 by outdoor338
the fact is he didn't tell of his boyfriend, until after the fact! You Ok with that?

26 Apr 2011 15:23 #23 by archer
Yes I'm OK with that.....it's his private life, not his judicial life. If the judge were straight would you have expected him to discuss his girl friends before taking the case?

26 Apr 2011 15:31 #24 by Nmysys
Eunuch, Archer. If you are trying to show us how smart you are, then show us.

Even though you can't see it, the fact that he, himself is gay is relevant to his ability to judge this case fairly. The fact that he chose this alternate lifestyle is only relevant to his decision making.

26 Apr 2011 15:36 #25 by archer

Nmysys wrote: Eunuch, Archer. If you are trying to show us how smart you are, then show us.

Even though you can't see it, the fact that he, himself is gay is relevant to his ability to judge this case fairly. The fact that he chose this alternate lifestyle is only relevant to his decision making.

ahhhh nmysys, I'll bet you have never ever mispelled a word in your life nor mis-typed one. You really are amazing. Let he who is without sin.....and all that.

And I submit that if the judge were straight it would be equally relevant to his ability to judge this case fairly.....which in my view, neither one is relevant. This decision is based on law, not on lifestyle.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds