What Do You Consider The Most Important Issue?

29 Apr 2011 11:13 #31 by cydl
how so? rather than paying boards and ceos millions that money could be put back into research and treatment!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Apr 2011 11:18 #32 by BearMtnHIB
Yep- and I'm more inclined to go along with bean and nobody- time to focus on survival.

See- I'm pretty sour on any possibility of reducing the scope of government. I don't think they will ever get the budget under control- the only possible way I can see that this could ever happen is if we were to clear the way with massive tax cuts and de-regulation - to a booming economy so hot that we could grow our way out of this massive debt. As long as the government exists as it is now- with entitlement programs and all- the economy will never grow fast enough, in fact the size and scope of government is likely to be an eternal drag on our economy - with possible depression conditions.

With the debt we have now - it is all but impossible to overcome- so survival mode is somthing to start getting ready for. The massive inflation that is coming will be a defacto tax on the middle class and poor, a massive tax.

Those "on the dole" will find their government checks will buy less and less and will for the most part be worthless. It'll be time to pay the piper.

We can fix this now with massive budget cuts- or wait just a very short time for inflation and a devalued dollar to tax America by default- and I dont see any signs that we are cutting spending.

It's like the family who thought they could keep charging up the credit card to make it through hard times- they were just digging a deeper hole.

Statistics show we are running about 9% inflation now- that means our lifestyles are falling about 10% per year and the rate is increasing rapidly.

Everyone's taxes are going up- even if the rate stays the same. It is massive tax called inflation that will eat us up- and destroy America.

29 Apr 2011 11:25 #33 by Nobody that matters

cydl wrote: how so? rather than paying boards and ceos millions that money could be put back into research and treatment!

Non-profits still have boards and CEOs. There's no savings there.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

29 Apr 2011 11:26 #34 by cydl
I fear that you're correct. And I fear that it will go really bad in our lifetimes.

29 Apr 2011 11:31 #35 by major bean
I, and those my age, grew up and lived in the Golden Age of the U.S. Sad, but it is over now.

Regards,
Major Bean

29 Apr 2011 11:39 #36 by Nobody that matters

major bean wrote: I, and those my age, grew up and lived in the Golden Age of the U.S. Sad, but it is over now.

It could come back, but it'd be painful for some watching the entilement addicts walking around with their government issued debit cards and cell phones clutched in their tobacco stained fingers muttering "b-b-b-b-but they owe me, they can't do this, they owe me...."

29 Apr 2011 11:39 #37 by cydl
It is sad, mb. And also so unnecessary.

29 Apr 2011 11:40 #38 by Martin Ent Inc
Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to
our liberties than standing armies. If the American people
ever allow private banks to control the issue of their
currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks
and corporations that will grow up around the banks will
deprive the people of all property - until their children
wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered".

29 Apr 2011 11:49 #39 by kresspin
Not sayin' it isn't so, but that sounds like modern speech.

29 Apr 2011 11:58 #40 by Nobody that matters
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/jefferson/banks.asp

Here's what he really said:

And I sincerely believe, with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies; and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale.

http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?a ... t(tj110172 ))

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds