bad Bush

30 Apr 2011 20:11 #1 by Blazer Bob
bad Bush was created by Blazer Bob
"Shall we roll the tape? Under Bush Sr., FEMA sucked. Under Clinton, FEMA was rehabilitated and turned into a superstar agency. Under Bush Jr., FEMA sucked again. Under Obama, FEMA's doing great and responding quickly.

I know, I know, we're not supposed to politicize natural disasters. Not when that politicization makes Republicans look bad, anyway. So I'll just let you draw your own conclusions from these four data points. I report, you decide."

http://motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2011/ ... -and-downs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Apr 2011 20:15 #2 by Residenttroll returns
Replied by Residenttroll returns on topic bad Bush

Gov. Rick Perry criticized FEMA for its slow response to his request for federal disaster recovery assistance in connection with the state's wildfires during an emergency management conference in San Antonio Friday.

''We can't always count on Washington to come running. It's been two weeks now since I wrote President Obama requesting assistance to deal with these wildfires,” Gov. Perry said. “We're still waiting on a response.''

Officials with the Texas Forest Service said the agency is currently working 10 major fires covering 562,000 acres.

Since the start of the year, more than one-and-a-half million acres have been scorched.

By contrast, a FEMA press release states it responded within 24 hours Thursday to a request from Georgia for help with a 1,000 acre fire.

TWO WEEKS ...and ALL TEXAS GOT WAS A PRESS RELEASE...

http://austin.ynn.com/content/top_stori ... dfire-help

30 Apr 2011 20:29 #3 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic bad Bush
Under the Stafford Act as it was at the time of Katrina, the federal government could not respond until requested by a state, and then only to the extent requested by the state.

Because Louisiana, especially, was completely overwhelmed by Katrina, they were not able to assess the situation and correctly request federal assistance. This contributed to the delayed and disorganized federal response.

Since then the laws have been revised to allow the federal government to proactively respond to a disaster, without detailed request from the state(s) involved.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

30 Apr 2011 20:41 #4 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic bad Bush

TWO WEEKS ...and ALL TEXAS GOT WAS A PRESS RELEASE...

Not true, read FEMA's response in the same article.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

01 May 2011 08:12 #5 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic bad Bush
I assumed from the title that you were referring to Prescott Bush.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/se ... ndworldwar

George Bush's grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany.
The Guardian has obtained confirmation from newly discovered files in the US National Archives that a firm of which Prescott Bush was a director was involved with the financial architects of Nazism.

His business dealings, which continued until his company's assets were seized in 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act, has led more than 60 years later to a civil action for damages being brought in Germany against the Bush family by two former slave labourers at Auschwitz and to a hum of pre-election controversy.

The evidence has also prompted one former US Nazi war crimes prosecutor to argue that the late senator's action should have been grounds for prosecution for giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

How can you trust a family that made their fortune building up Hitler and may well have traded with him DURING WWII?

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds