Give it a rest

02 May 2011 14:11 #11 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic Give it a rest
I have been reading alot of the posts concerning this. Alot of he said she said, and Bush this obama that, Here is my take on the whole thing. I also have a son getting ready to deploy to Afganistan.

We finally got OBL, ok does that mean we let our guard down, Not for one minute. This is not about being a Democrat or Republican or teapartier, its about being an American. Those that lost loved ones on 9/11 and the men and women who gave the ulitmate sacriface. Celebrate maybe a quick grin or smile, a silent thank you to those Navy Seals(best of the best), but then know that yep they got him, but now more than ever we have got to stay focused on keeping a watchful eye out for attacks against our military overseas, and against us here on our home turf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2011 14:19 #12 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Give it a rest
I had a good friend killed in the 9/11 attacks , and I could not agree more.Navy.

02 May 2011 14:21 #13 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic Give it a rest
navy... :yeahthat: :thumbsup: :biggrin:

02 May 2011 14:30 #14 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Give it a rest
It would be a joy, just for one day to set aside the political lefty righty diatribe, personal biases, and acknowledge that a positive step took place today. Let us be generous with our acknowledgments and grateful for those who have trained so long and hard to accomplish a military goal and put their lives on the line to make it happen. Enough said.

02 May 2011 15:34 #15 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Give it a rest

Rockdoc Franz wrote: It would be a joy, just for one day to set aside the political lefty righty diatribe, personal biases, and acknowledge that a positive step took place today. Let us be generous with our acknowledgments and grateful for those who have trained so long and hard to accomplish a military goal and put their lives on the line to make it happen. Enough said.

:like:
But the egos and attitudes on this board just won't let that happen.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

02 May 2011 16:46 #16 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Give it a rest

Rockdoc Franz wrote: It would be a joy, just for one day to set aside the political lefty righty diatribe, personal biases, and acknowledge that a positive step took place today. Let us be generous with our acknowledgments and grateful for those who have trained so long and hard to accomplish a military goal and put their lives on the line to make it happen. Enough said.

Well said. When I heard the news last night, I was hoping there would be only praise for the heros who got him but I knew what would really happen here...I was right, sadly.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

02 May 2011 16:56 #17 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Give it a rest
Then stop doing it.

02 May 2011 16:57 #18 by kresspin
Replied by kresspin on topic Give it a rest

outdoor338 wrote: Not for this man, my daughter in the army was wonded in iraq, I wish I could have been at west point cheering as well.

As a caller pointed out on KOA this afternoon, this is the same sort of behavior people in the mideast exhibit when an American is killed .. and the behavior many here have criticized. While it is good that we are relived over OBL's death, video of our military cheering his death puts us on the same level as them, the caller said.

We are better than that.

02 May 2011 17:34 #19 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic Give it a rest
I wonder how many would agree with this caller, not sure. I can see what they are saying, but when you hear that the killer of 3,000+ at the WTC, I think its Ok to dance in the streets. The difference is, one killed thousands by murdering them, the other is, one person (usama) is executed for his crimes against the US and the world. I can see why so many are happy in his death. I give them a pass..JMTCW

02 May 2011 17:38 #20 by Kate
Replied by Kate on topic Give it a rest
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds