ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:

02 May 2011 16:06 #21 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:

Vice Lord wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Once again a total lack of comprehension.

One of the rights accorded to the owner of copyright is the right to reproduce or to authorize others to reproduce the work in copies or phonorecords. This right is subject to certain limitations found in sections 107 through 118 of the copyright law (title 17, U. S. Code). One of the more important limitations is the doctrine of “fair use.” The doctrine of fair use has developed through a substantial number of court decisions over the years and has been codified in section 107 of the copyright law.

Section 107 contains a list of the various purposes for which the reproduction of a particular work may be considered fair, such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Section 107 also sets out four factors to be considered in determining whether or not a particular use is fair:

The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes
The nature of the copyrighted work
The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole
The effect of the use upon the potential market for, or value of, the copyrighted work

So tell us what rights granted by copyright are we infringing upon by quoting any of your anal entries on a public forum? Section 107 certainly leaves ample room for us to have as much fun as we wish to. Personally, I post this only for others and entertainment value for myself at your expense.

Like I told everyone before: Technically, quoteing me doesn't violate my disclaimer but it certainly violates the spirit of the disclaimer so i'm asking you nicely not to do it because once you do quote me, then you own the rights to the entire post including the quote from me. It's just a sneaky, low down, rotten way to circumvent my copyrights..

Tell me what I need to do in order for you to sue me, I'd love to talk to your prick lawyer.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2011 16:09 #22 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:

CriticalBill wrote: These posted opinions are the property of The Vice Lord™® and are the copyrighted work of The Vice Lord™® and/or the Third Party Providers. Except as stated herein, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior express written permission of The Vice Lord™® or the 3rd Party Provider

Can I copy your signature please? ...Opps I already did! Sue me you pansy little prick!

Quoting this as evidence...

02 May 2011 16:12 #23 by UNDER MODERATION

CriticalBill wrote: Tell me what I need to do in order for you to sue me, I'd love to talk to your prick lawyer.

Oh, well I'll promptfly foward him this post.

Now it's personal and believe me, you don't want to make it personal with this guy.

For this and 5000 other reasons...I'd hate to be you right now

02 May 2011 16:16 #24 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:
VL I think you need a better understanding of what it means to copyright something........or to register something.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

02 May 2011 16:20 #25 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:
VL:

They are coming to take you away, away!

02 May 2011 16:20 #26 by UNDER MODERATION

Sunshine Girl wrote: VL I think you need a better understanding of what it means to copyright something........or to register something.

Possibly- but if they plagerize me on thier blogs, they are gonna have to pay royalties. I'm just protecting my own interests here

02 May 2011 16:29 #27 by AV8OR
Replied by AV8OR on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:

"Vice wrote: It's just a sneaky, low down, rotten way to CIRCUMCISE my copyrights..

02 May 2011 16:30 - 02 May 2011 16:34 #28 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:

Vice Lord wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote: VL I think you need a better understanding of what it means to copyright something........or to register something.

Possibly- but if they plagerize me on thier blogs, they are gonna have to pay royalties. I'm just protecting my own interests here

Ok, help me understand here VL. As I said before, currently there is nothing registered for "The Vice Lord" so I don't know what the whole point of this topic is but.........

If you register the name "The Vice Lord" that ONLY means no one else (only in the state/s it is registered in) can use that name if it is for any commercial gain. One can't register words they put out onto the internet for example. You can register a 'piece of work' but not just a bunch of internet posts. Did your attorney tell you that you could? There is no such thing. ANYONE can quote you anytime AND anyone can use your words not quoted anytime. There is just no such thing as them plagiarizing you. Royalties? Nope! I don't know what interests you are trying to protect, but I would be more concerned about finding a halfway competent lawyer asap.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

02 May 2011 16:30 #29 by UNDER MODERATION

AV8OR wrote:

"Vice wrote: It's just a sneaky, low down, rotten way to CIRCUMCISE my copyrights..

[/quote][/quote]

THATS IT!!!!!!!!!!

02 May 2011 16:33 #30 by UNDER MODERATION

Sunshine Girl wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

Ok, help me understand here VL. As I said before, currently there is nothing registered for "The Vice Lord" so I don't know what the whole point of this topic is but.........

If you register the name "The Vice Lord" that ONLY means no one else (only in the state/s it is registered in) can use that name if it is for any commercial gain. One can't register words they put out onto the internet for example. You can register a 'piece of work' but not just a bunch of internet posts. Did you attorney tell you that you could? There is no such thing. ANYONE can quote you anytime AND anyone can use your words not quoted anytime. There is just no such thing as them plagiarizing you. Royalties? Nope! I don't know what interests you are trying to protect, but I would be more concerned about finding a halfway competent lawyer asap.

I paid $875 to incorprate The Vice Lord name..The fact that it's not in the data base your checkinmg is probably because it's not been updated. Check again tommarow because I just did it today, thats why I made this post today. Understand now?

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds