ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:

03 May 2011 19:41 #81 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:

Vice Lord wrote: Hold on just a darned dammed minute here..When I made my little pocket pamhplet Hummingbird facts book using Kathi's hummingbird pictures from PineCam the whole world came down on me..I was threatened with lawsuits and I got numerious nasty PM's acusing me of stealing pictures..They were in a public forum, so they were fair game right?

Indeed they are, provided they are not copyrighted by the author and as long as you use them for personal research. Pictures can still be published on the internet and remain copyrighted. This is why professionals often include a watermark knowing fully well there are many who will rip off their work not just for personal purposes, but to make money with them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 May 2011 19:59 #82 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Hold on just a darned dammed minute here..When I made my little pocket pamhplet Hummingbird facts book using Kathi's hummingbird pictures from PineCam the whole world came down on me..I was threatened with lawsuits and I got numerious nasty PM's acusing me of stealing pictures..They were in a public forum, so they were fair game right?

Indeed they are, provided they are not copyrighted by the author and as long as you use them for personal research. Pictures can still be published on the internet and remain copyrighted. This is why professionals often include a watermark knowing fully well there are many who will rip off their work not just for personal purposes, but to make money with them.

Oh yeah- They took all her pictures down, and they came back the next day with watermarks..Too late! The books sold out at that hardware store by the old safeway. I made over $542 on that deal. The hardware store did pretty good too. They were right on the counter- $3.99. Maybe you remember?

03 May 2011 20:19 #83 by lil precious
Replied by lil precious on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:
My snuggle bunny :heart: :heart: is a very shrewd busniness man, he doesn’t play pubic golf courses. if he says he has 20,000 Twiters, then he has 20,000 Twiters.

03 May 2011 20:21 #84 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:

lil precious wrote: My snuggle bunny :heart: :heart: is a very shrewd busniness man, he doesn’t play pubic golf courses. if he says he has 20,000 Twiters, then he has 20,000 Twiters.

You're one lucky woman Lil' Precious! :wink: :thumbsup:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

03 May 2011 20:25 #85 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:
Don't feel too bad, VL, after the $875 you paid to an id10t shyster, and the $542 you got from stealing pictures, you are only out $333 on the deal :wink:

And I'm glad you don't play

pubic golf courses

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

03 May 2011 20:27 #86 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:

jf1acai wrote: Don't feel too bad, VL, after the $875 you paid to an id10t shyster, and the $542 you got from stealing pictures, you are only out $333 on the deal :wink:

pubic golf courses

I can't believe I missed that one! :faint:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

03 May 2011 20:30 #87 by UNDER MODERATION

lil precious wrote: My snuggle bunny :heart: :heart: is a very shrewd busniness man, he doesn’t play pubic golf courses. if he says he has 20,000 Twiters, then he has 20,000 Twiters.

Thanks LoverLips

Remember my non spill cup I sold at Chicagofest?

10,000 units in 4 days

03 May 2011 20:32 #88 by UNDER MODERATION

jf1acai wrote: Don't feel too bad, VL, after the $875 you paid to an id10t shyster, and the $542 you got from stealing pictures, you are only out $333 on the deal :wink:

pubic golf courses

I got a lot more than just Incorporated for that $875. A lot more

03 May 2011 20:34 #89 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:

Shrewd is not what I would call it. What he did was totally illegal. It is one thing to use pictures that someone else took for personal research and quite another to use it for personal gain. ANY use of other's works in the public domain is NOT an invitation to make profit. He is lucky not to have gotten sued.

No one gives a hoot about his golf or Twiter followers.

03 May 2011 20:36 #90 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:
Can you get medical compensation thru the union for that many twiters? Sounds like a serious affliction to me.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds