ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:

08 May 2011 18:15 #121 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:

Vice Lord wrote: I was in the C.A.P 1973-75

VL, what was your most gutsy CAP rescue mission? :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 May 2011 19:52 #122 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:

Vice Lord wrote:

Grady wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:
Amonst other things-I bank and buy my home and car insurance through USAA- BTW only officers and former officers in the military can utilize all the services I use at USAA

Another thing you know nothing about.
From USAA's website.

All products
Military VeteransDetails Showing.
Military veterans includes:

■Retired officers and enlisted personnel.
■Former officers and enlisted personnel who separated and were honorably discharged.

Link to USAAwebsite

One of the lowest forms of human life are those who for what ever reason didn’t serve in the military, yet pretend that they served. Usually you’ll find them to be claiming they were Officers, Special Forces, Seals, Snipers, Green Berets or something else way above their real station in life.

I was in the C.A.P 1973-75

Even if you were in the CAP, being a member of the CAP does nto qualify as military service. It is an auxiliary organization, like the ladies auxiliary to the VFW.
From the Civil Air Patrol Website

Am I considered a member of the military?
No, you are a civilian and do not have any obligation to any branch of the military. You can not be deployed, called to active duty, or forced to serve in any branch of the US Armed Services in any way. CAP members are not eligible to receive any Veterans Administration Benefits for their volunteer service to Civil Air Patrol.

Civil Air Patrol faq[/b]

08 May 2011 19:56 #123 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:

Joe wrote:

He had to carry 3 cups of coffee all at once, and remember which one had cream. rofllol

08 May 2011 20:22 #124 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:

Joe wrote:

As the United States Air Force Auxiliary unit we used to fly out over Lake Michigan (vfr only) to help find lost or distressed boats. Sometimes the weather was a little nasty and when youre 12 years old you get a little scared over that cold and dark water- We flew Cessna 150's and if that engine stops, you're gonna die, but I wanted to serve

08 May 2011 20:26 - 08 May 2011 20:49 #125 by UNDER MODERATION

Grady wrote: Even if you were in the CAP, being a member of the CAP does nto qualify as military service. It is an auxiliary organization

Well it got me a free dinner at the Golden Corral on Memorial or Vetrans day or whatever, and we were the United States Air Force Auxiliary Warriors.

We had uniforms and everything!
http://www.cap.af.mil/

08 May 2011 20:38 - 08 May 2011 20:53 #126 by UNDER MODERATION

Grady wrote:

Joe wrote:

He had to carry 3 cups of coffee all at once, and remember which one had cream. rofllol

Yeah very funny grady...not!- We reported a brush fires, checked fence lines, and transported vital aircraft parts amongst other things....

"Thousands of volunteer members answered America's call to national service and sacrifice by accepting and performing critical wartime missions. Assigned to the War Department under the jurisdiction of the Army Air Corps, the contributions of Civil Air Patrol, including logging more than 500,000 flying hours, sinking two enemy submarines, and saving hundreds of crash victims during World War II, are well documented"

It's kind of like the Air Force was the NFL, and we (C.A.P. pilots) were college football players..We did it not for the money, but for the love of country and a desire to serve. Thats the only difference between the two branches-

09 May 2011 01:40 #127 by Local_Historian
UNiforms - so does the marching band.

09 May 2011 06:23 #128 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:

Grady wrote:

Joe wrote:

rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol:

09 May 2011 09:27 #129 by Martin Ent Inc
Replied by Martin Ent Inc on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:
Wow GWB had a more exciting time.

09 May 2011 09:42 #130 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic ATTENTION FOLLOWERS:

Vice Lord wrote: UPDATE GUYS: I talked to my real estate lawyer on the phone today and she said people cannot plageurize my posts and put them on thier blogs..A cut n paste of my postings is, and I quote: "clearly illegal."

So it looks like some papers are gonna be served along the corridor pretty soon.

Excellent. I know there are a lot of spring puppies that could use some fresh papers!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds