Some Interesting bin Laden Stories I Found Today

03 May 2011 13:23 #11 by FredHayek
Fox said today on Shepherd's show that the Osama compound had no armed guards, there were armed combatants but no actual sentries and such. Interesting, did Osama think he had nothing to fear? Possibly because the ISS was protecting him? Or some other reason.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 May 2011 13:45 #12 by Residenttroll returns
I have to agree to the poster who noted this:

This president denounced the methods of gaining intelligence, denounced our military. Even had SEALs court-martialed for roughing up an enemy combatant. Berated Bush, made a guess and violated a sovereign ally’s territory.

03 May 2011 14:10 #13 by Pony Soldier

residenttroll wrote: I have to agree to the poster who noted this:

This president denounced the methods of gaining intelligence, denounced our military. Even had SEALs court-martialed for roughing up an enemy combatant. Berated Bush, made a guess and violated a sovereign ally’s territory.

And got bin Laden where Bush failed.

03 May 2011 14:30 #14 by PrintSmith

towermonkey wrote: And got bin Laden where Bush failed.

Obama was only able to get O/Usama by knowingly violating international law. Imagine that. Sometimes the interests of the nation trump adherence to international law. Why I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, to find out that the progressives have the same flexibility in that regard as conservatives do.

To hear them talk about trying the former executive at the Hague, or impeaching him for his transgressions, one would have come to the conclusion that this nation should never, ever, for any reason, violate international laws. In fact, were I industrious enough, I'm betting I could find quite a few examples where a few of the people in this forum expressed that very sentiment during the last presidential campaign.

What happened during the Bush years allowed the opportunity for Obama to succeed during his tenure in the Oval Office. Even you would agree with that, wouldn't you TM? The illegal detentions at Gitmo, the interrogations that occurred in the absence of legal counsel, the questionable interrogation techniques that were used. This is when the information that was developed and lead us to this event was harvested. We all agree on that. By the time Obama was inaugurated, the name of the courier was already known and the nation was already attempting to track bin Laden down by finding and tracking this courier. Seems that, once again, it is a continuation of the Bush policies that Obama is engaged in rather than an abandonment of them.

03 May 2011 14:35 #15 by Something the Dog Said
Actually it simply is not true that the information leading to the death of Bin Laden came from questionable interrogation tactics. The information was deduced from information developed by normal interrogation procedure.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

03 May 2011 14:43 #16 by AspenValley

PrintSmith wrote: Obama was only able to get O/Usama by knowingly violating international law.

I expect that the talking points to impeach Obama will start rolling out any minute now....

03 May 2011 14:45 #17 by Pony Soldier
I believe that I already agreed to that PS, but as Dog said, those tactics were not responsible.

03 May 2011 14:49 #18 by Residenttroll returns
I guess Nixon gets the credit for putting men on the moon too! Go Tricky Dick!

03 May 2011 14:50 #19 by PrintSmith

Something the Dog Said wrote: Actually it simply is not true that the information leading to the death of Bin Laden came from questionable interrogation tactics. The information was deduced from information developed by normal interrogation procedure.

Simply not true if you take the word of one person over that of another and suspend all attempts at reason. We do know that KSM was interrogated using enhanced techiques - and we do know that KSM was one of the sources for the identity of the courier. Will you truly suspend reason and proclaim without reservation that the name of the courier was not part of the intelligence harvested during the enhanced interrogations?

03 May 2011 14:52 #20 by AspenValley
If all it took was torture to get bin Laden seems to me they should have gotten him a lot sooner.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds