Pelosi says that capturing Osama won't make us safer

04 May 2011 09:16 #1 by The Viking
And that it's too late to make a difference. Here is what she said. 'He has done more damage the longer he has been out there. But, in fact, the damage that he has done . . . is done. And even to capture him now I don’t think makes us any safer'.

Oh wait..... that was under Bush 5 years ago....... now she flipped again since he was killed under Obama's Presidency.

Now this is what she said yesterday.....

The death of Osama bin Laden marks the most significant development in our fight against al-Qaida. . . . I salute President Obama, his national security team, Director Panetta, our men and women in the intelligence community and military, and other nations who supported this effort for their leadership in achieving this major accomplishment. . . . [T]he death of Osama bin Laden is historic. . . .

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2011/ ... cy-pelosi/

She is such a damn hypocrite!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 May 2011 09:21 #2 by LadyJazzer
And she's right... That doesn't stop Al-Queda from coming to retaliate, or the remaining parts of the organization from trying to find other ways to hurt us...

Is that your "outrage-of-the-day? A true statement about what we can expect now that OBL is dead?

04 May 2011 09:29 #3 by AspenValley
I don't see a "flip" in those two statements. While it is a victory that shows our anti-terrorism intelligence is yielding results, and it's a historic moment due to the high profile of OBL, I don't think his death necessarily makes us any safer. Al Queda is not a cult of personality that will collapse just because OBL is dead. Nor is it by any means the only terrorist organization out there.

04 May 2011 09:49 #4 by Photo-fish
She is right. We are really no safer. OBL was at most a figure head and at the very least least had some minor input on operations We may get some intel from what was taken from OBL's compund, but Al-Queda is still out there just less 2 or 3 individuals.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

04 May 2011 09:51 #5 by major bean
If you have 5 rattlesnakes out in the backyard and you go out and kill one, you have just made your backyard a little safer.

(Unless, like a religious snake handler or liberal, you want to hug 'em.)

Regards,
Major Bean

04 May 2011 09:56 #6 by jf1acai
Wait, I'm confused.

Other threads are bad mouthing Bush because Osama supposedly wasn't one of his priorities, and praising Obama because it was his top priority.

Now it is no big deal anyway?

I'm getting dizzy from all the spinning and flip-flopping.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

04 May 2011 09:57 #7 by FredHayek
I think it could go either way. I expect more lone wolf operations as people like the underwear bomber seek revenge, but I also think the leaders of Al Qiuada and other terrorist organizations like life even though they send out others to be martyrs. So I expect them to bore in even deeper and try to not use phones, computers, etc that are necessary to plan major operations.

And since lone wolf operations tend to be less successful, I think we are safer.

(But I could be wrong and I don't plan to go overseas this year.)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 May 2011 09:59 #8 by The Viking
Aren't you guys reading her second statement? "The death of Osama bin Laden marks the most significant development in our fight against al-Qaida" Is this true or is it just another dead financial leader?

04 May 2011 10:05 #9 by AspenValley

jf1acai wrote: Wait, I'm confused.

Other threads are bad mouthing Bush because Osama supposedly wasn't one of his priorities, and praising Obama because it was his top priority.

Now it is no big deal anyway?

I'm getting dizzy from all the spinning and flip-flopping.

I missed where anyone praised Obama for because it was his TOP priority?

I think it was an important psychological victory for both Americans who need some closure on 9/11 and on would-be future bin Ladens to know we won't give up looking for them.

But the actual effect of the death of the man himself? Not so much. Someone else will replace him.

04 May 2011 10:06 #10 by Photo-fish
Significant in that we finally got the guy like we said we would, although 12 years too late. Not so significant for the exact reasons that SS109 makes.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds