Netanyahu and Obama

22 May 2011 12:11 #11 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Netanyahu and Obama

daisypusher wrote: I did not view this as a partisan event. Netanyahu was great. Obama was not. If it is inappropriate of Netanyahu to represent his country's interests the best he can when Israel is dependent on the US - then maybe there is good reasoning behind all our $$ going to support the majority of countries around the world. If only all the other countries would respect us (and our policies) for that instead of looking after their own best interests.

Like it or not , Obama is the President of the whole country, he was elected. It was a slap to all Americans.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 May 2011 12:29 #12 by Soulshiner
Replied by Soulshiner on topic Netanyahu and Obama
It seems that some people here really don't love their country...

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

22 May 2011 12:34 #13 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Netanyahu and Obama

Soulshiner wrote: It seems that some people here really don't love their country...

Where have I heard that before when a president was criticized?

22 May 2011 13:48 #14 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Netanyahu and Obama

jmc wrote: I am really seriously surprised at the response from the right on this. To have any leader of any country thet is dependent on the U.S to lecture the President in the White House is disgusting. I have always supported Israel but my reaction was go F*** yourself. If this was done to a Republican President you hypocrites would be asking for a declaration of war. What an ingrate Netanyahu is.

Netanyahu's main concern is the welfare of his people, and going back to the 1967 borders would be nearly impossible for the Israelis to defend. To call the man an ingrate is extremely ignorant.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 May 2011 13:51 #15 by JMC

CriticalBill wrote:

jmc wrote: I am really seriously surprised at the response from the right on this. To have any leader of any country thet is dependent on the U.S to lecture the President in the White House is disgusting. I have always supported Israel but my reaction was go F*** yourself. If this was done to a Republican President you hypocrites would be asking for a declaration of war. What an ingrate Netanyahu is.

Netanyahu's main concern is the welfare of his people, and going back to the 1967 borders would be nearly impossible for the Israelis to defend. To call the man an ingrate is extremely ignorant.

We all know that was just to start negations, and the borders of Israel would be secure. Ignorant is you absolutists that do not understand how the world works.

22 May 2011 14:12 #16 by daisypusher
Replied by daisypusher on topic Netanyahu and Obama

jmc wrote: We all know that was just to start negations, and the borders of Israel would be secure. Ignorant is you absolutists that do not understand how the world works.

Yes, that is one of the reasons his oration and statesmanship are so good.

22 May 2011 15:13 #17 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Netanyahu and Obama

Is this really the new meme from the left. Never Mind that the Pres blindsided Netanyahu just prior to his visit. You are outraged that the right is not outraged because he was blindsided back.

Please.

Deflector shields on maximum.

22 May 2011 15:19 #18 by JMC

neptunechimney wrote:

Is this really the new meme from the left. Never Mind that the Pres blindsided Netanyahu just prior to his visit. You are outraged that the right is not outraged because he was blindsided back.

Please.

Deflector shields on maximum.

surprised not outraged.Crank up the rhetoric ?

22 May 2011 15:20 #19 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Netanyahu and Obama
I doubt that Netanyahu was blind sided by Obama.....Israel and the US talk frequently and I would bet that this was discussed with them previously. I don't know that of course, but it seems logical. During a photo op it's all posturing anyway.

22 May 2011 15:22 #20 by JMC

archer wrote: I doubt that Netanyahu was blind sided by Obama.....Israel and the US talk frequently and I would bet that this was discussed with them previously. I don't know that of course, but it seems logical. During a photo op it's all posturing anyway.

Clinton briefed Netanyahu a few days before the 67 statement. no surprises.
For what it's worth, what Israel thinks.
http://972mag.com/what-do-israelis-thin ... ith-swaps/

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds