jobs, jobs, jobs

14 Jun 2011 14:58 #11 by archer
Replied by archer on topic jobs, jobs, jobs
let me see if I understand this...because we have been losing jobs, and it's all Obama's fault....that makes it OK for the Republicans to accelerate the process by losing more jobs with their cost cutting bills, which of course will be more jobs lost on Obama's watch, about which Republicans can continue to complain? Did I miss anything there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jun 2011 15:02 #12 by Martin Ent Inc
Replied by Martin Ent Inc on topic jobs, jobs, jobs
Who needs a job?
Just keep unemployment going and we will have to hire more admin. personel to handle all the claims FIXED.

14 Jun 2011 15:10 #13 by OmniScience
Replied by OmniScience on topic jobs, jobs, jobs

LadyJazzer wrote: Bush was able to lose 3 million in 6 months... I realize that's a tough act to follow...

But then, Bush only created 2.5 million in 8 years...(While Clinton created 23.1 million in 8 years...) I guess as long as the top 1% keeps getting richer it doesn't matter, huh?

Yeah, and that had nothing to do with the Digital Revolution of the 1990's - CLINTON created those jobs!

...Brilliant!

14 Jun 2011 15:11 #14 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic jobs, jobs, jobs
Did someone miss the part about there being 4 job-applicants for every open position? Since only one applicant can get the job, are you suggesting that the other 3 applicants are "lazy" because they didn't get it? I'm trying to get a handle on just how out-of-touch and sleazy the "Let 'em eat cake" / "I've got mine--screw you" Party of Selfish is willing to go?

14 Jun 2011 15:15 #15 by BearMtnHIB
Replied by BearMtnHIB on topic jobs, jobs, jobs
There's no way a clear thinking person could say that the economy is better than the last 2 years of Bush- just look at the numbers and you'll see that it's way way worse now. Keep trying to blame it on Bush though- we will see how that will fly come election day.

No recession has lasted this long- and in most parts of the world - this recession ended 18 months ago. While other economies are booming again, this one is stuck in the mud with no end in sight. The spending by our government was bad under bush- yes, but Obama has out done bush by a long shot, compounding a problem into a nightmare.

Obama's policies are keeping the economy bad- and making it worse. With the (possible) exception for infrastructure (and I don't agree that most spending on infrastructure helps), government spending adds nothing to an economy- this is well known economics and most non-political economists would agree. In fact the government must remove a dollar from the economy just to spend it as in-efficiently as is known to mankind- or borrow it to be paid back later (plus interest).

Since 99% of all spending is not infrastructure- cutting spending only helps economic activity. Every dollar we cut goes back to the private sector where real jobs are generated. Every dollar that is cut is one that is not robbed from the real economy or borrowed (plus interest). Why are liberals skulls so thick that they can not understand this?

Cutting government jobs does not hurt an economy- it helps it. Government jobs are a zero sum gain at best, and as I noted above- probably much worse than that. This is why Obama does not need any help to destroy an economy- he's doing a bang up job all by himself.

Here's a report that came out today about the housing market- now worse than the great depression- WORSE - and it'll get even worse than it is now.

This is Obama's economy- by any other measure we would have been out of this recession by now even if the government had done nothing at all!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/US-Housing-Crisis-Is-Now-cnbc-829408274.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=6&asset=&ccode=

14 Jun 2011 15:24 #16 by Martin Ent Inc
Replied by Martin Ent Inc on topic jobs, jobs, jobs
We are heading for another depression.
Maybe the gov. wants it that way so they can better control the masses and say "look we saved your ass's"

14 Jun 2011 15:28 #17 by archer
Replied by archer on topic jobs, jobs, jobs
Where does it say that the jobs lost because of the GOP bill will be government jobs?

I would still like to know why the conservatives here are whining about how Obama is not creating enough jobs, then, out of the other side of their mouth, saying it's OK for the Republicans to support measures that will lose us even more jobs. Obamacare was assailed by the GOP as a job killer......now that they are promoting their own job killer bill it's a good thing. Yeah, right.

14 Jun 2011 15:33 #18 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic jobs, jobs, jobs

Martin Ent Inc wrote: We are heading for another depression.
Maybe the gov. wants it that way so they can better control the masses and say "look we saved your ass's"

The government can't save anything if the private sector goes down the drain. With the amount a debt this country already has, we won't be able to borrow squat when times really get bad. Hopefully we can boot this liberal in 2012 and anyone of the Republican candidates would be able to get a better handle on the economy.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

14 Jun 2011 15:37 #19 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic jobs, jobs, jobs

archer wrote: Where does it say that the jobs lost because of the GOP bill will be government jobs?

I would still like to know why the conservatives here are whining about how Obama is not creating enough jobs, then, out of the other side of their mouth, saying it's OK for the Republicans to support measures that will lose us even more jobs. Obamacare was assailed by the GOP as a job killer......now that they are promoting their own job killer bill it's a good thing. Yeah, right.

Jobs aren't the only thing to consider. Slowing down the rate of indebtedness also matters. If your household budget is 50K in debt, does giving your kid a job dusting lampshades for $20,000 a year make any sense? Sure he has a job and your lampshades are dusted, but now you are 70K in the hold.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Jun 2011 15:43 #20 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic jobs, jobs, jobs
It is all about demand, 70% of the U.S. economy is consumer driven, People are saving , the debt bubble burst, Home values have sunk. It will take a while to recover. Gov and business can only react. This will take a few years regardless of gov. policies. We need to dig out of a big hole. WE created this we are paying the price. Just a dose of reality.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds