Which way would you choose to be executed?

18 Jun 2010 12:26 #11 by The Viking

Wayne Harrison wrote:

TPP wrote:

pinedust wrote: If I wanted painless and quick, I would go for the guillotine.

The french believed that the brain would see & understand for 6-8 seconds, that why they would grab the head and show it to the crowds, to futher torment the beheaded.

In fact, a French doctor did a study where he called the name of the person to the "head" with closed eyes and noted that the eye's responded to the name and that went on for 6-8 seconds before the brain dies of oxygen starvation.

OK, that is freaky! Kind of like the chicken running around with it's head cut off. On my ex wife's family farm they had a chicken run around for over a day with it's head cut off. it had no clue where it was going and kept running into things. Very interesting to watch. We named it Obama. (Premonition) :biggrin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jun 2010 12:27 #12 by The Viking
Ok, so the Obama part wasn't true but the rest of it was.

18 Jun 2010 12:28 #13 by The Viking

Science Chic wrote: www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/descriptions-execution-methods
If it's done right, lethal injection shouldn't be painful. I hate needles, but pain too - I'd go with a blow to the back of the head, at the base of the skull, severing the spine resulting in immediate death. No knowledge it's coming means no anxiety.

Lethal Injection
Two needles (one is a back-up) are then inserted into usable veins, usually in the inmates arms. The first is a harmless saline solution that is started immediately. Then, the inmate is injected with sodium thiopental - an anesthetic, which puts the inmate to sleep. Next flows pavulon or pancuronium bromide, which paralyzes the entire muscle system and stops the inmate's breathing. Finally, the flow of potassium chloride stops the heart. Death results from anesthetic overdose and respiratory and cardiac arrest while the condemned person is unconscious. (Ecenbarger, 1994 and Weisberg, 1991). This lack of medical participation can be problematic because often injections are performed by inexperienced technicians or orderlies. If a member of the execution team injects the drugs into a muscle instead of a vein, or if the needle becomes clogged, extreme pain can result.

Well when you make it sound that way, it doesn't sound so bad. I thought I heard there was a burning in the veins throughout the body.

18 Jun 2010 12:29 #14 by Wayne Harrison

The Viking wrote: OK, that is freaky! Kind of like the chicken running around with it's head cut off. On my ex wife's family farm they had a chicken run around for over a day with it's head cut off. it had no clue where it was going and kept running into things. Very interesting to watch. We named it Obama. (Premonition) :biggrin:

Jeez do you inject politics in EVERYTHING?

Can we please have a discussion that has nothing to do with politics without it becoming partisan?

18 Jun 2010 12:41 #15 by FredHayek
Isn't a thread about state sponsored execution political by its very nature?
Whatever.
What I find strange is that they thought the electric chair was more humane than the firing squad. They must have had good salesmen.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Jun 2010 12:44 #16 by The Viking
Would you at least post all my posts relating to this. I totally said it was a joke immediately after that. Where is the liberals sense of humor? IT WAS A JOKE ABOUT A CHIKEN WITH IT'S HEAD CUT OFF AND OBAMA! Not a big deal. Are we really having this discussion? I am glad i can laugh at life even when liberals make jokes about me or Republicans or Bush. Life is to short to be uptight about a joke.

18 Jun 2010 14:39 #17 by pineinthegrass
I'll vote for death by too much Jack Daniel's. :Drunk:

18 Jun 2010 15:26 #18 by Grady
I selected stoning
[youtube:1lprsgus]
[/youtube:1lprsgus]

18 Jun 2010 17:04 #19 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Which way would you choose to be executed?
This is an interesting question, but like so many interesting questions that are posed in order to spark debate/conversation on these message boards, i'm just not interested in anyone elses answer to it...

But here's mine..I'd like to take a pill that just puts me to sleep then I die in my sleep.

18 Jun 2010 18:44 #20 by Wayne Harrison
I'd volunteer to give you the pill. :lol:

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds