A Stupidity Tax

20 Jun 2011 22:05 #11 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic A Stupidity Tax

neptunechimney wrote: If you did not exist, conservatives would have to invent you. Kind of like God.

With one difference... I actually exist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jun 2011 22:06 #12 by archer
Replied by archer on topic A Stupidity Tax

jf1acai wrote: Wouldn't a 'stupidity tax' be unfairly biased against the left? :Whistle

<evil grin>

I had thought about posting something similar....that a stupidity tax would be unfair to conservatives, but decided that it would be a pretty tacky and mean spirited post......seeing it from the other side as you posted....I was right.

:wink:

20 Jun 2011 22:08 #13 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic A Stupidity Tax

So you say - what proof do we have?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

20 Jun 2011 22:11 #14 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic A Stupidity Tax

....I was right.

It's about time - congratulations! :wink:

:lol:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

20 Jun 2011 22:15 #15 by LadyJazzer

jf1acai wrote:

So you say - what proof do we have?

No more proof than God exists....

20 Jun 2011 22:20 #16 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic A Stupidity Tax

LadyJazzer wrote: I love people who decide for others "what they really didn't need"... How did you come by that particular gift? I thought the whole capitalism=God thing was to own as many homes, boats, cars, etc., as you could? So, somehow, because this particular couple might not fall into the uber-rich category, they shouldn't take tax-deductions that you think is perfectly okay for the ultra-rich to take?

You are right, I misspoke. They couldn't afford the second home, but they justified it by saying the tax dedcution would make up for the years of payments.

And some economists believe that taking away the mortgage interest rate tax deduction would decrease home prices, which would be a nice thing for first time buyers but a big hit to current home sellers.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Jun 2011 05:30 #17 by LadyJazzer
So, let's tailor the mortgage deduction to "only apply to the first $500K"..."$400K?"... "$800K?"... Pick a number... Keep the deduction for the middle-class to help them get into their primary residences. Limit it to primary residences only?

Of course, I realize that flies in the face of plutocracy that you envision where the uber-rich should have as many houses as they wish; and screw the middle class. There's never any "Let's see if we can fix it, and do something that will help the middle-class, but stop giving gifts to the upper class who don't need it"--No, there is only "Let's cut it."

But it's good to know we have people out there who are eager to decide what others "need" and "don't need."

21 Jun 2011 06:08 - 21 Jun 2011 07:03 #18 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic A Stupidity Tax

jf1acai wrote: Wouldn't a 'stupidity tax' be unfairly biased against the left? :Whistle

<evil grin>

I can think of several posters on the left here that could be hit with massive stupidity taxes, and I am standing up for their right to be stupid on a message board, without being unfairly taxed. Maybe we need a new "earned stupidity tax credit"? I'll get Biden working on it right away. :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

21 Jun 2011 06:56 #19 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic A Stupidity Tax
:yeahthat: rofllol

21 Jun 2011 07:21 #20 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic A Stupidity Tax
:biggrin: :thumbsup:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds