Labor Sec Hilda Solis Pledges To Help 'Illegals' get Fair Pa

22 Jun 2010 11:14 #1 by The Viking
[youtube:pj4wo52l]
[/youtube:pj4wo52l]

Labor Sec Hilda Solis Pledges To Help "Illegals" Get Fair Pay

So let me get this straight. Obama is promising to do something about illegal immigration. Yeah right! First they are threatening to sue AZ for trying to uphold Federal laws and detain and deport illegal immigrants. Now on the Department of Labor website, Labor Secretary Hilda Solis is running a video saying that this administration is fighting for fair pay 'for' illegal immigrant so help them stay? Instead of sending them home and fighting for fair pay for American workers. Her add flat out says, whether you are documented or not.

Why are they encouraging more illegals to come here??? They are fighting to pay them more? How many more illegals, when news of this spreads to Mexico are going to come rushing over? THIS ADMINISTRATION IS TRYING TO RUIN THIS COUNRTY!! Or else they are the most stupid and clueless people in this country. Which is it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jun 2010 11:23 #2 by The Viking
And here is the part I don't get. They said they were going to crack down on those who are hiring illegal immigrants which is what the majority of Americans on both sides of the isle want. So how can they fight to make sure that company pays them fair wages, and then turn around and fine them for hiring them and maybe even shut them down? Do they have any clue what they are talking about?

22 Jun 2010 11:25 #3 by The Viking
I would love to hear any liberals response to this one.

22 Jun 2010 11:53 #4 by Ronbo

The Viking wrote: And here is the part I don't get. They said they were going to crack down on those who are hiring illegal immigrants which is what the majority of Americans on both sides of the isle want. So how can they fight to make sure that company pays them fair wages, and then turn around and fine them for hiring them and maybe even shut them down? Do they have any clue what they are talking about?

By "cracking down on employers" they mean that they will make the employers give them all raises and will sue them if they attempt to lay any of the illegals off.

22 Jun 2010 11:56 #5 by Ronbo
Oh, and they will probabaly add imigratrion status to a protected class for affirmitive action. So employers who do not hire illegals, or not hire enough illegals, will get sued by the federal government for discrimination against them.

22 Jun 2010 12:00 #6 by FredHayek
Once again one hand of goverment does one thing while the other does the opposite.

Obama's version of "wax on/wax off".

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Jun 2010 15:52 #7 by Grady

Ronbo wrote: Oh, and they will probabaly add imigratrion status to a protected class for affirmitive action. So employers who do not hire illegals, or not hire enough illegals, will get sued by the federal government for discrimination against them.

That would be funny if it wasn’t true. I do believe, that somewhere deep in the bowels of the justice department some Ivy League educated law clerk is working on a draft memo that will someday be added as a sub amendment to an appropriations bill.

I wanted to add that if illegals must be paid a “fair” wage, that would eliminate the “Republicans want illegals for the cheap labor” argument.

22 Jun 2010 16:04 #8 by The Viking

SS109 wrote: Once again one hand of goverment does one thing while the other does the opposite.

Obama's version of "wax on/wax off".

Did you spell that right? Isn't it whack?

22 Jun 2010 16:04 #9 by The Viking

Grady wrote:

Ronbo wrote: Oh, and they will probabaly add imigratrion status to a protected class for affirmitive action. So employers who do not hire illegals, or not hire enough illegals, will get sued by the federal government for discrimination against them.

That would be funny if it wasn’t true. I do believe, that somewhere deep in the bowels of the justice department some Ivy League educated law clerk is working on a draft memo that will someday be added as a sub amendment to an appropriations bill.

I wanted to add that if illegals must be paid a “fair” wage, that would eliminate the “Republicans want illegals for the cheap labor” argument.

Yes, then what will their argument be?

22 Jun 2010 18:41 #10 by ScienceChic
Sorry Viking, this lib wasn't trying to ignore this thread - I was typing a response 2 hours ago but kept getting interrupted by my kids and the gas company technician! :) Got timed out in the middle of my post.

I would be interested in finding out of Solis made these comments of her own volition or because of a directive from above, especially before laying any blame on the White House.

No, I absolutely do NOT think we should be fighting to make sure illegals are compensated fairly. Matter of fact, I think we should be making sure we collect taxes and SS from anyone working here. And we need to be cracking down on companies who hire them. Make it less profitable for companies and workers by better tracking and enforcement. Will that hurt our economy, likely. We won't collect enough in taxes to equal the cheap labor savings, but it'll make everyone feel better, right?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds