Is this what will happen to our market tomorrow?

07 Aug 2011 20:32 #11 by Soulshiner
Thanks Tea Party...

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Aug 2011 20:39 #12 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Is this what will happen to our market tomorrow?

conifermtman wrote: Take a look at the early trading numbers. The DOW will be down 200 at the start of the day.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/17689937/site/14081545/
Things are just going to get uglier.

Ha! Rank Amature

Did you read your sucker reports on the Markets CM?

07 Aug 2011 20:40 #13 by conifermtman

Soulshiner wrote: Thanks Tea Party...

The Tea Party wanted to stop the spending spree. Had the Tea Party not tried to get the spending under control the debt ceiling would have been raised like usual and the downgrade still would of happened. At least people are now aware of the Democrats reckless spending. Now we can effect real change.

07 Aug 2011 20:40 #14 by archer
I suspect this is exactly what the tea party expected, and hoped for. The further down they can bring this country, the more damage they can do to the economy, the more they think that they will gain votes in 2012. I sure hope this scorched earth program comes back to haunt them and they go down big time in 2012. But I'd never bet the farm on the whim of voters, so I'll make my preparations to weather the apocalypse should more tea partiers/Republicans get into power.

07 Aug 2011 20:43 #15 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Is this what will happen to our market tomorrow?

conifermtman wrote:

Soulshiner wrote: Thanks Tea Party...

But but but..The Tea Party wanted to stop the spending spree. .

So you blow up our economy and cost us hundreds of billions of dollars!

Not buying it you Terrorist

07 Aug 2011 20:43 #16 by conifermtman

archer wrote: I suspect this is exactly what the tea party expected, and hoped for. The further down they can bring this country, the more damage they can do to the economy, the more they think that they will gain votes in 2012. I sure hope this scorched earth program comes back to haunt them and they go down big time in 2012. But I'd never bet the farm on the whim of voters, so I'll make my preparations to weather the apocalypse should more tea partiers/Republicans get into power.

Cap, Cut and Balance would have avoided the downgrade. It would of shown the kinda seriousness S&P expected from congress and the president.

07 Aug 2011 20:53 #17 by LadyJazzer
Cut, Crap and Bullsh*t would have destroyed it more... They're NEVER going to get the BBA passed... thank heavens....

07 Aug 2011 21:02 #18 by archer
Hasn't anyone bothered to read what the S&P wrote....they wanted new revenue along with spending cuts, and most of all they wanted to see the congress be serious about working together to solve our problems. Well as long as the Tea Party refuses to work with the Democrats, and refuses to even consider revenue increases of any kind.....the S&P is going to downgrade us again.....and again......whatever savings we may realize from spending cuts are going to be eaten up by higher interest on our debt. Smart economics there Tea Partiers.

07 Aug 2011 21:08 #19 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Is this what will happen to our market tomorrow?
VL, quit with the changing of member quotes. That is not cool.

07 Aug 2011 21:21 #20 by LOL
Stocks down
Gov't Bonds -interest rates even lower, opposite if popular thinking
Gold up
Oil down
Dollar down

The markets are dropping due to the Obama double dip recession, not the AAA downgrade.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds