Pawlenty Ends Presidential Run

14 Aug 2011 17:02 #11 by Wily Fox aka Angela
amazing how you right wingers don't just love Obama... he has continued many of Bush's policies that liberals hate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Aug 2011 17:18 #12 by chickaree
Most of these were policies that conservatives hate too. That should make us all think.

14 Aug 2011 17:22 #13 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Conservatives hate the wars, extraordinary rendition, Gitmo, and the Patriot Act? I thought that was the stuff that the right was made of. Please educate me if I am wrong here.

14 Aug 2011 17:34 #14 by chickaree
Of course conservatives hate war. Sometimes it is a hideous neccessity. Many on the right were appalled by the pre-emptive war Bush waged. The Patriot Act was an egregious offense on the Constitution and Gitmo a slimy contrvention on American law. Most conservatives who don't carry the slop bucket for everyone with an (R) after their name will concede that.

14 Aug 2011 19:02 #15 by Wily Fox aka Angela
well, chickaree, that is refreshing to hear. I have not heard that from any of the "other" conservatives. I am assuming that you will be voting Republican next year, so, who do you like in the GOP race that would end those things? and why do you think that they would end them?

14 Aug 2011 19:28 #16 by chickaree
If the Republicans continue on their course of elevating partisan nincompoops then no, I won't be voting Republicans. If we want to pull this country out of the swamp we've sunk into we need a leader who will tell us to stop whining, tuck our pants into our boots and get to work. This current batch of voters/taxpayers are the ones who elected these credit guzzlers and sucked up the benefits that they took out loans for. We're the ones that need to suck it up and pay for it. That means serious cuts and yes, tax increases. I doubt there is anyone out there on either side of the aisle with the cojones to tell the electorate that.

14 Aug 2011 19:58 #17 by SAM1
Replied by SAM1 on topic Pawlenty Ends Presidential Run
Think Back!!!! Nixion and the Bush`s were some of the worst president`s we ever had and let us not forget Hoover or Regan with alzheimer`s in his later years in office.

14 Aug 2011 20:53 #18 by Residenttroll returns

SAM1 wrote: Think Back!!!! Nixion and the Bush`s were some of the worst president`s we ever had and let us not forget Hoover or Regan with alzheimer`s in his later years in office.

Congratulations...Obama beats them all. rofllol rofllol rofllol I swear Obama is an overachiever....AA+

14 Aug 2011 20:56 #19 by FredHayek

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: Conservatives hate the wars, extraordinary rendition, Gitmo, and the Patriot Act? I thought that was the stuff that the right was made of. Please educate me if I am wrong here.

Libertarian conservatives like me were against the Patriot Act. And I was against both wars, especially Afghanistan. I thought both would have been better handled with special forces units and supporting insurgent movements in the countries.

Will the Republicans choose a hard right candidate? I don't think so. Last go around, Iowa broke for Huckabee, but in both New Hampshire and South Carolina, John McCain won.
New Hampshire and South Carolina are not nearly as conservative.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Aug 2011 21:00 #20 by FredHayek

SAM1 wrote: Think Back!!!! Nixion and the Bush`s were some of the worst president`s we ever had and let us not forget Hoover or Regan with alzheimer`s in his later years in office.

You don't know your Presidential history very well if you think Bush & Nixon were the worst.
And everyone wants to pick on Hoover for four years of the Great Depression but then give FDR a pass for twelve years of the same.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds