Pawlenty Ends Presidential Run

14 Aug 2011 21:07 #21 by Residenttroll returns
SS109 stop fighting their emotions with facts...you just make too much sense.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Aug 2011 23:50 #22 by Soulshiner
It's not the current voters, but the ones who voted in the past couple of decades previous. We didn't just start with these problems yesterday, they have been building for a long time and all politicians are guilty of letting this get out of control. No matter who was president, who controlled the congress, the politicians have all let us down. If everyone would just let the us vs. them BS go, we might have a chance. As long as the partisan bickering and toxic atmosphere continues on tv and the internet, including message boards like these, don't expect anything to change. We are all playing right into their hands.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

15 Aug 2011 07:10 #23 by lionshead2010
Perhaps it's in the best interest of the politician that we stay divided. It certainly seems like the media makes every effort to feed those fires of discontent.

What we need (no kidding) is a leader who can unite the Nation, helps us overcome our ideological differences and gets US working towards common goals. We don't need an ultra-liberal or an ultra-conservative leader who only appeals to a small percentage of Americans. We don't need someone who polarizes. We need a uniter....someone who can help us see past our differences and find some common ground....someone who can find compromise that most of us can live with. It's called leadership. I know a little bit about it....and I'm not seeing a lot of it on either side of the aisle lately. That, my friends, is a very sad testimony.

It may be time to shut off the television, spend less time reading polarizing blogs on the internet and start thinking more for ourselves. I'd recommend printed media but even those mostly seem slanted too.

If we don't put the Nation first in this upcoming election then we will be the ones who broke the camel's back.

15 Aug 2011 07:15 - 15 Aug 2011 07:20 #24 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Pawlenty Ends Presidential Run
First to answer the thread... GOOD!!!!

http://www.mediaite.com/
Careful Rick, Herman's bite'in at your heels, and he's a BETTER MAN & Candidate!!!

Is This The Best Picture Of Rep. Bachmann Eating A Corn Dog The Telegraph Could Find?

http://www.mediaite.com/online/is-this-the-best-picture-of-rep-michele-bachmann-eating-a-corn-dog-the-telegraph-could-find/

Just to PROVE ONCE AGAIN the RIGHT-THINKERS have more Humor than the leftist.....

15 Aug 2011 07:18 #25 by Wayne Harrison
Priceless. Thanks for the laugh, TPP.

15 Aug 2011 07:20 #26 by FredHayek

lionshead2010 wrote: Perhaps it's in the best interest of the politician that we stay divided. It certainly seems like the media makes every effort to feed those fires of discontent.

What we need (no kidding) is a leader who can unite the Nation, helps us overcome our ideological differences and gets US working towards common goals. We don't need an ultra-liberal or an ultra-conservative leader who only appeals to a small percentage of Americans. We don't need someone who polarizes. We need a uniter....someone who can help us see past our differences and find some common ground....someone who can find compromise that most of us can live with. It's called leadership. I know a little bit about it....and I'm not seeing a lot of it on either side of the aisle lately. That, my friends, is a very sad testimony.

It may be time to shut off the television, spend less time reading polarizing blogs on the internet and start thinking more for ourselves. I'd recommend printed media but even those mostly seem slanted too.

If we don't put the Nation first in this upcoming election then we will be the ones who broke the camel's back.

I see it differently. Obama, one of the most liberal Senators, was elected and he has continued the Bush Doctrine. He has pushed some liberal stuff domestically but he had to compromise with the GOP to get his way. He is not nearly the bogeyman the right wing wants people to believe, and I don't think "W" was the hard core righty the Left will have you believe. Washington has its own inertia going and it is hard to turn it right or left easily.

And if politicians did just what we wanted, we wouldn't need to vote or donate to them next time. Just like the really smart doctors keep their patients coming back by not fully curing them.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Aug 2011 07:22 #27 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Pawlenty Ends Presidential Run
Welcome, Wayne!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

A NEW LOW, "That's the kind of sugar, Poppa Likes!!!"

15 Aug 2011 07:28 #28 by lionshead2010

SS109 wrote:

lionshead2010 wrote: Perhaps it's in the best interest of the politician that we stay divided. It certainly seems like the media makes every effort to feed those fires of discontent.

I see it differently. Obama, one of the most liberal Senators, was elected and he has continued the Bush Doctrine. He has pushed some liberal stuff domestically but he had to compromise with the GOP to get his way. He is not nearly the bogeyman the right wing wants people to believe, and I don't think "W" was the hard core righty the Left will have you believe. Washington has its own inertia going and it is hard to turn it right or left easily.

And if politicians did just what we wanted, we wouldn't need to vote or donate to them next time. Just like the really smart doctors keep their patients coming back by not fully curing them.

None of them seem to put the Nation first. I'm sick of political parties and their BS. I know they are entrenched and may never go away...but anymore they are destroying the country. It's not about country...it's about party. It's unacceptable what's going on in Congress right now. We are paying these knuckleheads millions in salaries and all they are doing is blowing hot air. All show and no go.

How does that song go, "a little less talk, and A LOT more action?"

15 Aug 2011 07:35 #29 by FredHayek
Actually I think both McCain and Romney if they had been elected would have been more concerned with fixing the nation and earning a reputation as a great compromiser, Huntsman too. All three have histories of working well with the opposistion party. And maybe even Obama, but the economic malaise derailed his plans.

Bachman, Perry, & Santorum read more as candidates who would try to turn the country as hard right as possible.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Aug 2011 10:02 #30 by Soulshiner
Uniters talk a good game but then run into the buzzsaw that is Washington politics. I remember GWB campaigning on being a uniter and he got slammed by Washington's good ol boys. The idea that a Washington outsider can come in and all of the sudden unite everyone is a pipe dream. Everyone tries to tear everyone else down there. Sad to say that the only way that any uniting is going to happen is a disaster or event that puts us all on the same page as Americans instead of lefties and righties. 9/11 was a chance at that, but the politicians blew that opportunity pretty quickly.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds