The Obama Admin really wants to crack down on illegals

25 Jun 2010 12:28 #11 by The Viking

archer wrote:

The Viking wrote: But this administration doesn't care about legal unemployed Americans. They just want the illegals to get paid better.

Does it really matter what the administration wants (and I'm not sure you're right) if the result is that by raising the wages for illegals more American's get these jobs because the employers lose the one big reason to hire the illegals in the first place?

If it works that way great. But why would they possibly spend one dollar on fighting for even one illegal immigrants pay increase rather than using that money to send them home and advertise a new open job for an American citizen when they find out it was an illegal working there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jun 2010 13:14 #12 by Residenttroll returns
The way I see it...if Obama pardons illegals who work in the US ....he's pardoning himself.

25 Jun 2010 15:02 #13 by PrintSmith

archer wrote:

residenttroll wrote: Yeah, like the Federal government can police minimum wage.

If you don't think they can, then why are you concerned about requiring higher wages for illegals?

Why should there be any wage paid to an illegal? Illegal workers not only do not have a right to a fair wage, they have no right to any wage because they have no right to any employment at all by virtue of their violating the laws of the country. Criminals may be entitled to freedom from cruel or unusual punishment for committing their crimes, but I have yet to see anything written anywhere that entitles them to a fair wage while they are busy breaking the law.......

At minimum each illegal worker is committing at least one felony under the laws of the United States in addition to their misdemeanor crime of entering the country illegally. They are either filing false statements on the I-9 that every employee is required to fill out, a felony violation, or they are committing tax evasion, also a felony, by not having taxes withheld from their wages.

25 Jun 2010 15:25 #14 by archer

PrintSmith wrote:

archer wrote:

If you don't think they can, then why are you concerned about requiring higher wages for illegals?

Why should there be any wage paid to an illegal? Illegal workers not only do not have a right to a fair wage, they have no right to any wage because they have no right to any employment at all by virtue of their violating the laws of the country. Criminals may be entitled to freedom from cruel or unusual punishment for committing their crimes, but I have yet to see anything written anywhere that entitles them to a fair wage while they are busy breaking the law.......

At minimum each illegal worker is committing at least one felony under the laws of the United States in addition to their misdemeanor crime of entering the country illegally. They are either filing false statements on the I-9 that every employee is required to fill out, a felony violation, or they are committing tax evasion, also a felony, by not having taxes withheld from their wages.

did you read the posts....I never said they deserve a job, nor that they should be paid higher wages. I think illegals should be stopped at the border and employers should be heavily fined for hiring any undocumented worker. My post was merely to point out that if employers had to pay them a higher wage then maybe they would stop hiring them....and that could be a good thing. I in no way am encouraging the hiring if illegals. Please re-read my posts and you will see that.

25 Jun 2010 15:33 #15 by Residenttroll returns

25 Jun 2010 15:41 #16 by archer

residenttroll wrote: She's backpeddling....

hardly...I live in AZ, and I am all in favor of stopping the illegal flow over the border as anyone. If you ever read my posts on the subject, rather than making assumptions because I am a lefty, you would know that. Back to remedial reading for you.

25 Jun 2010 15:56 #17 by The Viking

archer wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

archer wrote:

did you read the posts....I never said they deserve a job, nor that they should be paid higher wages. I think illegals should be stopped at the border and employers should be heavily fined for hiring any undocumented worker. My post was merely to point out that if employers had to pay them a higher wage then maybe they would stop hiring them....and that could be a good thing. I in no way am encouraging the hiring if illegals. Please re-read my posts and you will see that.

Here is a thought. How about offering a reward of $100 for every illegal you turn into the government. Someone finds a company who has 30 of them they make $3000 and pay their bills for the month. Heck there are 12 million of them out there. That is only $1.2 billion to pay out. Less than what they cost California each month to support them. Gives people who are out of work a way to make money and then get theri job when they leave. Then that company has one shot to hire Americans to fill those positions or they are fined heavily. It would be fun. Kind of like a huge neighborhood watch for people doing illegal things. Like living here without papers.

25 Jun 2010 17:31 #18 by Residenttroll returns
I like the idea. I call dibs on Barry Obama. My first $100.

Gee, think of it as the New Conservative Corps for the New Era. Unemployment benefits run out....collect just three or four illegals each week and you're good to go.

25 Jun 2010 22:55 #19 by BaconLover

Grady wrote: Yeah right rofllol

Lets not forget that this isn't just an Obama thing.. In general Government doesn't want to get rid of illegal labor.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00613.html

This is an article on Bush's level of enforcement.

26 Jun 2010 10:14 #20 by Residenttroll returns

ExtremeModerate wrote:

Grady wrote: Yeah right rofllol

Lets not forget that this isn't just an Obama thing.. In general Government doesn't want to get rid of illegal labor.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00613.html

This is an article on Bush's level of enforcement.

Government only wants union labor on it's projects. It wants illegal labor for the retail and public sector because it controls inflation to the consumer - or at least appears to control inflation of products/goods/services - however, the government has to increase taxes to pay for the services rendered to the illegal labor pool. Basically the inflation is shifted.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds